Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

McCoists record this season:

Played 3

Won 2

Drawn 1

Lost 0

Hardly a sacking offence!!! Time will tell if Ally is ultimately the man to take the team forward, but decisions regard his future should not be made after 3 games and ZERO losses.

Out of interest, to those who feel that McCoist isn't the manager to take the team forward....Who do you think is???

The long ball forward needs to go....build play from the back & retain possession - if you've got the ball, the opposition can't score against you!!!

It's all very well & good saying how we want to see the team play, but folk tend to forget that there's another 11 players on the park who aren't in on the game plan - they have their own plan. It is true however, that at times our passing and ball retention is atrocious!!!

Just one or two Club issues to resolve prior to last minute clearance to actually play.

No pre-season competitive games.

New players to bed in.

"Older " players somewhat dis-interested.

Playing against established teams at their home in their "cup final".

Dawdled to a 4 nil win at home against Division 2 team, East Fife.

I think I'll reserve judgement for a few more weeks yet.

Still wanting several players signed.

I think people have a right to be worried about some of the issues from Saturday's game.

However, with next to no pre-season matches and several new players it was always going to be the case we'd be less than convincing to begin the season.

I'm sure we all want a lot more from the players and manager and I think we'll get it if we're patient.

By the way, can anyone remember Irvine Meadow running hearts close last season (?) when hearts were going well ?

Earlier it was all Broadfoot's fault and now it's apparently Ally's.

Give Ally a break......for the meantime, eh lads !

See when we pump the next 3rd division team at ibrox it will be funny to watch how the people forget about this match. These matches away to these small grounds will never be easy and I am hoping that it was just complacency that kicked in because they horsed a 2nd division team in midweek. Maybe their attitude's were wrong in thinking they would walk the game. I hope it was the wake up call they need but I am not too concerned yet. Far too early into the season.

it won't be forgotten it will be glossed over. if history is anything to go by we will be back here saying the same things soon enough.

it won't be forgotten it will be glossed over. if history is anything to go by we will be back here saying the same things soon enough.

I agree, we'll probably win some thing like ten games in a row and then, after one draw, the wins will be glossed over as poor ones that anyone's granny could have achieved, and the usual suspects will be back here calling for Ally's head.

Sometimes I am completely baffled with some Rangers fans.

McCoist deserves time this season.

He is going to be tactically naive and he is going to make mistakes.

We as fans before the start of the season were all in agreement we would have to be patient and get behind the team. However one little draw and we have people going overboard.