Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

See my above statement, in regards to internal collapse before it became common knowledge.

So admin was Ally's friend, wonder what excuse will come next, as for the great start to the season out of all cup comp at almost first time of asking and Celtic never started playing until after Christmas, yes that's a great start.

I think people have a right to be worried about some of the issues from Saturday's game.

However, with next to no pre-season matches and several new players it was always going to be the case we'd be less than convincing to begin the season.

I'm sure we all want a lot more from the players and manager and I think we'll get it if we're patient.

I agree.

I endured hospitality at Balmore on Saturday. If the result was unappetising, 45 minutes of Andy Cameron regurgitating jokes from the Sunday Post's Merry Mac's page saw me hurry from the marquee. The price we pay to follow, follow.

A four hour car journey home concentrates the mind. Given our back five possess almost 200 caps, we should NOT lose two goals to Peterhead. However, we controlled the game for the first 30 minutes, that's 10 minutes longer than we managed at Glebe Park. I predict we might achieve an entire first half against Falkirk in the Ramsdens?

Fitness and sharpness aside, we are playing our football in front of the opposition. We are not getting in behind. This must be resolved soonest.

So admin was Ally's friend, wonder what excuse will come next, as for the great start to the season out of all cup comp at almost first time of asking and Celtic never started playing until after Christmas, yes that's a great start.

Have you ever actually stepped back and assessed what has just happened to our club?

Ease off, if you looked at the bigger picture maybe you would be a little more optimistic.

we have never had a "top" manager and will never again attract one. our current level is gus macpherson, terry butcher, jimmy calderwood, billy davies etc etc and quite frankly i would take any of them over ally. at least we know they can manage players, learn from mistakes and change things around when they are not working. lets be honest it would not be hard to improve on ally and co. i took a terrible disliking to eck when he was here, it was getting to that stage under walter as well, thankfully he walked away and i do not want to get like that with my favourite ever rangers player.

There is no doubt in my mind that the uncertainty off the park in November/December must have affected our performances on the park. The contrast with our form before that is just too stark.

there was no uncertainty in november and december.

Hate to point this out mate but that was last season excuse, he is now in Div3 and it's still happening.

Are you trying to say that nothing has changed except the division we are in ?

We have lost TWO FULL TEAMS just in case you hadnt noticed.

Until 3 weeks ago McCoist (and the rest of us) had no idea if we would even be playing football this season.

Things are far different.

Other than the defence this team is very changed from even the end of last season. And it seems the defence are being susceptible to individual blunders. That can happen but there isnt a great deal that McCoist can do about that. We complain that Broadfoot is playing but who would McCoist replace him with ? We complain we are playing 3 at the back but who do we play if we go 3 at the back (Wallace, Goian, Boca & Broadfoot presumably) ? But wait, we want Broadfoot out of the team. Then we need to put somebody into LM if Wallace drops back - who would that be ?

We dont have that many options right now because the squad is still threadbare and still with much change to happen I suspect. The only options aside from who he currently has playing would be the kids - and there are no guarantees there either.

We havent lost a game yet, far too early to be calling for his head. And if you want to look at last season then there are 3 distinct elements. The 12 game unbeaten domestic start (or however many it was), the Naismith injury which led to a drop in form and post-admin. Not too many complained with the unbeaten start - but that all seems to have been ignored because "McCoist is shite".

Have you ever actually stepped back and assessed what has just happened to our club?

Ease off, if you looked at the bigger picture maybe you would be a little more optimistic.

A crook came in and didn't pay the tax man then not one of the so called Rangers men stepped up to the plate to save us, can you tell me what that has to do with Ally's inability to play players in the correct position have at least a Plan B (except ok let's punt the ball long) when Plan A isn't working, Peterhead could've went in 2-1 up at halftime if they had their shooting boots on. We were outfought, outpassed and Ally was outfoxed by McNally another to add to a ever growing list of managers who have made Ally look like a novice.

That to me is the big picture.