Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

"Thousands" if we got our PR right??? Can you pass on my apologies and tell them we are trying our best. Can't wait to have them on board - the place will be jumping when they get here.

We've lost the middle classes??? Well whoop de fuckin do!! It shows me what fickle areseholes they are in the first place then if they can turn their back on us so easily. I'm from a very working class background in Glasgows East End. I've been fortunate enough to be successful in business and would probably be classed as at least middle class, but I would shoot down anyone in my presence who tried (as I have done many times in the past), because what the fuck is 'class' ??????? Brian Laudrup and Davie Cooper were class. Tonights Ryder Cup Winners were class. Rangers fans divided into classes??? Go fuck yourself you pompous pricks that even think like that. Ban me from this board if you like Admins but Rangers fans being divided into classses by pretentiously eloquent clowns on here is NOT the Rangers way. And while I'm at it, can you promote a 'get back to plain English' on here. While I can understand the big fancy words our 'eloguent' posters on here love to use to show how academic they are, they are well aware that it is not the 'common' language of the football fan and they should make more effort. After all they are discussing the working classes sport!

We sing a song about 4 boys who had a dream and "they had no money or even a ball". And you speak of middle classes who will only come if we get our PR right. MAKES ME SICK TO THE STOMACH!!

Well that's the way to end the night. :thup:

"Thousands" if we got our PR right??? Can you pass on my apologies and tell them we are trying our best. Can't wait to have them on board - the place will be jumping when they get here.

We've lost the middle classes??? Well whoop de fuckin do!! It shows me what fickle areseholes they are in the first place then if they can turn their back on us so easily. I'm from a very working class background in Glasgows East End. I've been fortunate enough to be successful in business and would probably be classed as at least middle class, but I would shoot down anyone in my presence who tried (as I have done many times in the past), because what the fuck is 'class' ??????? Brian Laudrup and Davie Cooper were class. Tonights Ryder Cup Winners were class. Rangers fans divided into classes??? Go fuck yourself you pompous pricks that even think like that. Ban me from this board if you like Admins but Rangers fans being divided into classses by pretentiously eloquent clowns on here is NOT the Rangers way. And while I'm at it, can you promote a 'get back to plain English' on here. While I can understand the big fancy words our 'eloquent' posters on here love to use to show how academic they are, they are well aware that it is not the 'common' language of the football fan and they should make more effort. After all they are discussing the working classes sport!

We sing a song about 4 boys who had a dream and "they had no money or even a ball". And you speak of middle classes who will only come if we get our PR right. MAKES ME SICK TO THE STOMACH!!

Look, you asked the question so I gave you an answer, if you don't like the answer then fair enough, but to then resort to personal attacks makes you a coward in my book. If you can't engage in the debate then don't, but don't fuckin complain because other people can.

Your reply just shows a total and utter lack of class.

I'll keep the words small for you in the future.

Look, you asked the question so I gave you an answer, if you don't like the answer then fair enough, but to then resort to personal attacks makes you a coward in my book. If you can't engage in the debate then don't, but don't fuckin complain because other people can.

Your reply just shows a total and utter lack of class.

I'll keep the words small for you in the future.

If it makes me a coward in YOUR book I will live with that.

Lack of class? If you mean lack of class snobbery, then I can also MOST CERTAINLY live with that.

My comment about 'plain English' wasn't aimed at you, as it was a general statement, but if the cap fits and all that. It is something close to my heart at the moment as I have been involved in a number of commercial conferences taking place on the very subject. In general it discusses what the need is for people to use overly eloborate language in an environment where it's not always welcome or suited (it is a fact that it is often a barrier to open discussion as some people feel intimidated by it, which may be the purpose in some cases e.g. George Galloway. Certain people use it to mask their own insecurities). I stand by it. It doesn't intimidate or impress me. I choose not to do it because I would rather leave debates open to all people, regardless of their academic background, rather than take the chance that some people won't engage as they feel a bit intimidated. Personal choice for everyone of course.

Edited by Anchorman

I kind of agree with you here. Rangers were lambasted by many for their signing policy many years ago but I always got the impression that if the mhanks did this' date=' they would play the "upholding our culture" card. Much like Bilbao and their Basques only rule.[/quote']

Bit lost here: they did have a signing policy it and and they played that card with the trump that only an "exclusive" signing policy is bad. Having 8 players in a team of 11 that are from a religious background of 18% of the population has been seen to be fine by them and endorsed by the rest of Scotland.

Just saw the details from Charles Green's trip to NI and there are a few questions that I find slightly concerning. For example...

Q3: Would Rangers consider bringing out an Orange Top ?

C.G: "Yes' date=' they have a number of designs and are coming near agreement with Adidas"[/b']

As much as I understand Rangers derive many fans from NI and most of them are from a Protestant persuasion, I feel that an orange strip would be a direct reference to the Orange Order. I also feel it panders to a certain section of our fans and in turn alienates others and I would find that very dissapointing. What has orange got to do with Rangers FOOTBALL club? Why not stick to our footballing roots and have a white strip with blue star or a black and red strip? I know Charles Green is here to make cash from Rangers but I for one would be very dissapointed if he went down this road

Q5: Would Rangers Consider flying the 4 Home Nations Flags alongside the Flags already above Ibrox ?

C.G "I dont see why Not as the contribution and dedication of Rangers Fans throughout the U.K and the world is second to none and should be recognised"

Once again, as much as I realise that we draw fans from all over the UK and indeed the world, we are ultimately a Scottish club. We have won Scottish titles and cups. We have respresented Scotland in European competitions. We have always been based in Glasgow, Scotlands biggest city. WTF does the flags of NI, England and Wales have to do with Rangers?

Maybe what I'm getting at is that these guys who profess to love Rangers had a chance to ask CG questions and they choose to ask stuff about Orange strips and getting the flags of the Union flying over Glasgow. FFS is that really important?

Ok tin hat time...I am sorry but Rangers are MY FOOTBALL team. I was brought up in Govan and they will always be my team forever but I genuinely wish these guys would stick to supporting Linfield or a team in NI if they want to use their football as a vehicle for their religious/political beliefs. Or if you want to support Rangers, please just do that.

I have to say that I will seriosuly consider going back to Ibrox if they bring out another orange strip.

Max can I ask you have you ever read Ruth Dudley Edwards "Faithful Tribe". ?

You may not like that 17th century you talk about, but to cast one of the most important moments in British history away as just nonsense is in fact the biggest pile of nonsense I've heard.

I'm sorry but that just makes no sense in context of the previous reply whatsoever. There's plenty of incredibly important stuff in British History and it's not exactly normal to associate it with a game that was invented a couple of hundred years later.

In fact the fans of one team do go on about a great historical moment and I personally find it incredibly distasteful - England fans against Germany. Many of your ilk slag the Tartan Army fans off for celebrating William Wallace and also the Battle of Bannockburn (Bruce et al), and I find those more important to me than the Battle of the Boyne.

Why would we attach ancient history to a football team? It seems to mostly be done insidiously.

You may not like that 17th century you talk about, but to cast one of the most important moments in British history away as just nonsense is in fact the biggest pile of nonsense I've heard.

That's probably the way the Protestants (not least in Ulster) see this. On a broader context, it was one of many battles for supremacy with regards to European leadership and kingship, intelligently guised under a religious flag. Fending off the Armada, beating Napoleon at Waterloo or Trafalgar, fending of Hitler's army ... those were "most important points in British history". It is always somewhat - and no disrespect whatsoever - amusing to see "us" celebrating the 1690 battle as something of utmost importance, while decrying what is celebrated in Flower of Scotland, i.e. the Battle of Bannockburn. When the theme of both was the fight for independence from a "foreign" oppressor (though William of Orange was sure no Briton). The misconceptions run deep here and there is generally no will to accept what is well documented.

Again, I doubt many have a problem with any of the Hooped Horrors' faux Irishness, their celebration of their Irish roots, even their Catholic roots. What almost all take offence with is their anti-Britishness and their open celebration of such things as well as terrorist groups, people and acts of the past. In that respect it beggars belief that society in Scotland chases us for bigotry and whatnot for essentially nothing but celebrating being loyalist, royalist, British and at times Protestant (to each his/her own), while they let open anti-British sentiment go unchallenged. As long as we are compared to this terrorist-loving scum on the same level, we are on a loosing side. Thus, we as a support and a club should make it very clear what we support and why. And if there's a orange shirt, we should make certain to tell people why it is being done and make sure that any press hack decrying this is made to pay.

If it makes me a coward in YOUR book I will live with that.

Lack of class? If you mean lack of class snobbery, then I can also MOST CERTAINLY live with that.

My comment about 'plain English' wasn't aimed at you, as it was a general statement, but if the cap fits and all that. It is something close to my heart at the moment as I have been involved in a number of commercial conferences taking place on the very subject. In general it discusses what the need is for people to use overly eloborate language in an environment where it's not always welcome or suited (it is a fact that it is often a barrier to open discussion as some people feel intimidated by it, which may be the purpose in some cases e.g. George Galloway. Certain people use it to mask their own insecurities). I stand by it. It doesn't intimidate or impress me. I choose not to do it because I would rather leave debates open to all people, regardless of their academic background, rather than take the chance that some people won't engage as they feel a bit intimidated. Personal choice for everyone of course.

It does make you a coward, I'm glad you can live with it.

What the fuck do you know about my academic background?

No, I didn't mean "lack of class snobbery", if I'd meant that i'd have said that. I meant lack of class, something you are simply oozing just now.