walter returns to rangers

I very much doubt it would be Walter's job to sack McCoist if he wasn't performing but instead would be giving advice to Green. And in that sense if Ally was shown to really not be up to it, I'm sure he'd call a spade a spade. However, if it was that bad, I'm sure Ally would himself resign.

I'm pretty sure his job is safe at the moment as he's doing a passable job and we need some stability. We're clear at the top of division three despite having very few senior players and most of them being injured. We've been playing about 7 home grown youngsters over a game which is pretty amazing and when you think about that, we're doing pretty ok.

There was criticism over the ICT came but they are a comparable side who played better on the day - and they are well ahead of Hearts who have a larger wage bill than us. We got to the last 8 of the cup which is not bad for a club in our position - getting to the last 4 would be nice but surely it's not worthy of huge criticism if we don't - in a knock out competition. Eight SPL clubs didn't get there either.

Getting the team going after the turmoil we've been through was always going to be a task and we do seem to be improving despite the injury crisis.

You also just have to look at Celtic to see how you can get dragged down to the level of your nearest rivals. They are a third of the way through the season and if they continue with their points per game they will be luck to attain 70 points - that's 3 less than Ally did last year with the affects of administration AND a ten point deduction. And this is supposed to be a great Celtic side who beat Barcelona and Benfica...

So I don't see Ally being sacked in the near future and if it does come to pass, rather than being the man to pull the trigger, I think Walter will be more usefully utilised in recommending a replacement - for which I'm sure many on here will have complaints.

Fair points Cal. We need to sit back and see what happens. Talksport have asked for Bear to tweet questions for CG

I've asked them to ask CG this

@RangersUnified: Can you ask Mr Green what Walters job description is?what will his day to day or week to week tasks involve? please lads @tSKeysandGray

Wither they ask him or not is another thing. I just hope he doesn't advise CG to bring in his mates and ex players. We have a window here to change that, we are very guilty of the jobs for the boys thing at Rangers. It's not healthy

the trophy count doesnt tell the whole picture. he had a huge advantage over every opponent for years and in his second spell his mismanagement along with his pals murray and bain led to allsorts of financial problems.

It shows me the picture that's most important - league titles, league cups and Scottish cups. All 21 of them.

Fair points Cal. We need to sit back and see what happens. Talksport have asked for Bear to tweet questions for CG

I've asked them to ask CG this

@RangersUnified: Can you ask Mr Green what Walters job description is?what will his day to day or week to week tasks involve? please lads @tSKeysandGray

Wither they ask him or not is another thing. I just hope he doesn't advise CG to bring in his mates and ex players. We have a window here to change that, we are very guilty of the jobs for the boys thing at Rangers. It's not healthy

From how I interpret things, Walter is likely to have absolutely NO day to day or week to week tasks. Instead he will turn up at Board meetings and give his knowledgeable and experienced view on the proceedings where he can add relevant input. They may ask him to provide the odd ad hoc report on football related stuff but his job description will be pretty much empty.

It shows me the picture that's most important - league titles, league cups and Scottish cups. All 21 of them.

What kuznetzov is looking for is not to be found this side of Saturn's rings, so the day s/he will be satisfied with mangerial-things Rangers is a long way off.

I would hope that Walter is back to make sure that the club is never ever been placed in a position like those we had under Murray/Lloyds and Whyte. And hopefully he will be one who conveys a supporter's view in these board meetings. (In the short term, no doubt about that, his appointment will help us with the share issue.)

From how I interpret things, Walter is likely to have absolutely NO day to day or week to week tasks. Instead he will turn up at Board meetings and give his knowledgeable and experienced view on the proceedings where he can add relevant input. They may ask him to provide the odd ad hoc report on football related stuff but his job description will be pretty much empty.

The role of non-executive director carries with it statutory duties, there is no distinction between executive directors and non-executive directors in that respect.

What kuznetzov is looking for is not to be found this side of Saturn's rings, so the day s/he will be satisfied with mangerial-things Rangers is a long way off.

I would hope that Walter is back to make sure that the club is never ever been placed in a position like those we had under Murray/Lloyds and Whyte. And hopefully he will be one who conveys a supporter's view in these board meetings. (In the short term, no doubt about that, his appointment will help us with the share issue.)

yeah, living within our means is far too much to ask, far too much. winning european matches against minnows far too ambitious as well. yeah, you are right berliner.

and on the second bit, walter sure told our owners when we were heading for over £30m debt after yet another european humiliation under him. happily spending money every man and their dog knew we couldnt afford. more of that you want is it?

in the real world, you are "hoping" for a bit too much. walter was integral to our financial downfall and indeed even when we were struggling financially in his last year and in allys first year, he was crying for more money to be spent. what money walter? we had none. we needed an overdraft we couldnt afford to keep him happy and successful.

Edited by kuznetsov