Objectionable fan banner against Ashley

Why? Not everyone is as sensitive about swearing as you are, indeed the English language is the richer for swearing, it's intrinsic to our ability to communicate and imply force of feeling. It doesn't offend or upset me in the slightest.

I'm not sensitive to it, I believe it just reflects poorly on our support.

Why? Not everyone is as sensitive about swearing as you are, indeed the English language is the richer for swearing, it's intrinsic to our ability to communicate and imply force of feeling. It doesn't offend or upset me in the slightest.

There is nothing "sensitive" in there. It simply does not befit the status and dignity of our club, nor its support (and I reckon someone will object to this and turn the argument on its head). I for one would not want our club dragged down by people using pub or youth speech as a way of communication between the support and the club's leaders.

"No Sports Direct Ibrox" / "No to Ashley's millions" would have been message enough.

I'd ban any banner that is not directly football related.

Telling an investor to F*** off is not football related, neither is a banner about Alex Salmond. Rangers are a football club, any banners displayed should be for the "benefit" of the team on the park.

There is nothing "sensitive" in there. It simply does not befit the status and dignity of our club, nor its support (and I reckon someone will object to this and turn the argument on its head). I for one would not want our club dragged down by people using pub or youth speech as a way of communication between the support and the club's leaders.

"No Sports Direct Ibrox" / "No to Ashley's millions" would have been message enough.

But people curse and swear all around me at Ibrox all the time, countless songs that include swearing are sung at Ibrox and every other football ground for that matter. The support can't claim 'dignity', we're a vast and disparate group, swearing has been part of the tradition of football for generations.

Never has communication between the support and the 'club leaders' been more forceful, clear or effective than when groups of supporters chanted for John Grieg to 'get to fuck' when he was the manager.

this banner has been held up for all to see as the club is searching for a shirt sponsor and a kit supplier now ask yourself would you like to cater to so called fans who seem to be doing everything to stay in the past if i represented addidas or nike i would walk away .

exactly, as stb says it reflects poorly on all of us because of a minorities idiotic actions. its embarassing.

I'd ban any banner that is not directly football related.

Telling an investor to F*** off is not football related, neither is a banner about Alex Salmond. Rangers are a football club, any banners displayed should be for the "benefit" of the team on the park.

When you say football related do you mean just the players on the pitch? Would a banner telling Ian Black to fuck off be okay then? It could be argued that might benefit the team on the park!