Gers open talks with Daly

Spot on. We should have been building around our most promising youngsters and giving them lower league experience so that they would be almost seasoned pros by the time we get back to the top. Instead, we are whoring ourselves around to the world as the place for an easy pay day.

Arab season ticket holder at work says, Daly is past his best and happy to see him go. Not good enough for some DU fans, but good enough for Rangers? Oh dear :swear:

the utd fan I work with says the opposite, all about opinions. He is only 30 or 31 that's not ancient these days if you look after yourself properly. He is still their captain for a reason. If you give him crosses in the box he will score and to me that says the style of play will be as direct as you can get which we must get away from IMO. A good player if you play to his strengths but we need to be looking at different types of players surely or nothing will get better anytime soon.

He'd be a decent squad player with a good level of experience in Scottish football. Not bad as cover for Jig as he's a similar type of player to some extent.

Is he an indication of the type of player we're generally looking to bring in to take us forward? I don't think so. At least, I hope not.

Some people think we must have a few Steven Gerrards coming through the ranks or have the cash to sign the ability of such players.

The likes of Daly far from get me near excited but if we are going to sign a few players with experience to get us back up the leagues then lets have them a) Fit b) have a desire to play for Rangers and c) have ability. Novo would give a lot more to the team than what Ian Black has done. Or should we just let Ally sign more unknowns like Argy, Faure and Cribari and hope for the best.

To be honest, as long as Daly (and any other signings) shows the same spirit and desire as Novo , i'd be quite happy!

If he had had a better first touch he would have been a fantastic player but probably never have played for Rangers.