SPL Vote Defeated!!

I note ra Sellik's statement appears to ape US Secretary of State, Cordell Hull's notorious utterance, "he may be a son of a bitch but he is our son of a bitch". The constant failure that is Neil Doncaster has been singled out for unjustified praise. Apparently, his sin is clean. Hull was referring to Rafael Molino Trujillo, the then President of the Dominican Republic. Trujillo was oppressive and corrupt but as long as he facilitated US foreign policy, no pressure was exerted to reform.

Neil won't change his behaviour; well, not until His Peterness tells him to do so.

It seems it is ok for everyone to be angry at County and for some reason more so St Mirren (why the greater anger at Saints btw?) because they voted differently.

Does that mean these two clubs have a right to be pissed off at everyone else for not voting the way they did? Is that how it works? Or do we accept in a democratic (ha ha) vote do we accept others may see things differently.

What does this means for this 'Plan B' that they had of SPL2? Was that only if it was the SFL vote that scuppered it?

I genuinely believe they need us in the top division next season to save Scottish footbalI. Otherwise it will face financial meltdown. They no replacement sponsor for the CB & maybe we'll now find out what was in the SKY contract. I suspect it will involve a lot less money now they've only got the status quo.

If we're back in the top division then it MUST be on our terms & conditions. I'm sure we could all give a few............

I've spoken to Tims today who genuinely believe St Mirren are being influenced by Charles Green. When I pointed out that Green can't currently count on his own board far less St Mirren's they stuck pencils up their nostrils and chanted 'wibble' loudly.

Here's the thing, the SPL are spinning this tonight that they offered to change voting rights to 9-3. This is disingenuous, they only offered to change voting rights to 9-3 on league reconstruction, not on any of the other topics that fall under the 11-1 voting structure just now. So Celtic and Aberdeen could continue their cabal whilst the rest ran around looking for scraps.

A fact I've come to realise in the last 12 months is they're trying to prop something up that is fundamentally broken. It carries too much debt, it provides poor quality and it's badly run. We were guilty of it too but events overtook us and now we've the chance to rebuild. Scottish football needs rebuilt, they'll be casualties in that process and I feel sorry for the supporters of those clubs, I really do, but it is for the best, I'm convinced about that now. It's not a great analogy but when the financial crash happened Ireland and Greece were bailed out, their economies were propped up and protected. Iceland on the other hand, an equally buggered economy was left to fail for a variety of political reasons. They'd real pain for several years but now, some five or so years on who is stronger, who is growing faster and who is going to leave recession first?

I really think Scottish football needs to fail, to crash and to rebuild itself before it can prosper again. Today might be the start of that.

I've spoken to Tims today who genuinely believe St Mirren are being influenced by Charles Green. When I pointed out that Green can't currently count on his own board far less St Mirren's they stuck pencils up their nostrils and chanted 'wibble' loudly.

Here's the thing, the SPL are spinning this tonight that they offered to change voting rights to 9-3. This is disingenuous, they only offered to change voting rights to 9-3 on league reconstruction, not on any of the other topics that fall under the 11-1 voting structure just now. So Celtic and Aberdeen could continue their cabal whilst the rest ran around looking for scraps.

A fact I've come to realise in the last 12 months is they're trying to prop something up that is fundamentally broken. It carries too much debt, it provides poor quality and it's badly run. We were guilty of it too but events overtook us and now we've the chance to rebuild. Scottish football needs rebuilt, they'll be casualties in that process and I feel sorry for the supporters of those clubs, I really do, but it is for the best, I'm convinced about that now. It's not a great analogy but when the financial crash happened Ireland and Greece were bailed out, their economies were propped up and protected. Iceland on the other hand, an equally buggered economy was left to fail for a variety of political reasons. They'd real pain for several years but now, some five or so years on who is stronger, who is growing faster and who is going to leave recession first?

I really think Scottish football needs to fail, to crash and to rebuild itself before it can prosper again. Today might be the start of that.

Fantastic post Amms. Completely agree that our game needs to crash & burn to help itself, as no one or organisation has the credibility or know-how to resolve the many issues facing us. Even today Doncaster's talking about the redistribution of money will help clubs sustain full time players in SFL1. Where's the long term plan to invest in the game, radical changes to the fundamentals of Scottish Football? Nothing. The plans were to prop up a failing organisation that faces bankruptcy.

Short term thinking to save face.

SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster has refused to rule out the possibility of an 'SPL 2' and has even refused to guarantee that Scotland’s top division would start the 2013/14 season in its current form.

The proposed 12-12-18 reconstruction plans fell at the final hurdle on Monday afternoon as top-flight chairmen were unable to secure the required 11-1 vote.

Speaking after the crushing result, Doncaster remained coy in his predictions for the future of Scottish football.

Pressed on his opinions of how the game in this country goes forward, Doncaster said: “I’m not going to discount anything going forward. Ultimately the executive team here are servants to the clubs. It’s for the clubs to express their will, what they want to see and for us to carry that out. I’m not going to make any predictions about the future.”

It has been muted in several quarters that failure to secure the proposed reconstruction plan could lead to many of the First Division clubs forming an ‘SPL 2’ with the criteria of playing in a new second tier remaining unclear.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4889352/Doncaster-refuses-to-commit-over-SPL-future.html#ixzz2QZbnYaZT

I honestly thought Ross County would have been persuaded and pressurised into voting for it, well done them for not giving in. Them and St Mirren obviously the ones with common sense. This set up was absolute garbage and only on the table as a lifeline to the SPL clubs in need of it. The fact they were going to push this through for a season which starts in 3 months shows how desperate they are.

There is a system with 18 or 16 in the top flight with at least 2 auto relegation places and play offs for a 3rd of 4th spot which would make games far more meaningful.

Talk about karma biting back!

But I still think they have plan B in an SPL 2 and will try sneak some Div 1 clubs into this set up.

SFL should now set up its own TV deal and go ahead with its own reconstruction.

IMHO, Rangers and/or BDO should put the final nail into the SPL's coffin now and demand the prize money of last season. Sue them if necessary. I for one cannot see any legal reason why the money has not been paid to either the oldco or the newco.