Someone has a hard-on for young Daniel. I told you what i was told, i have no reason to lie. Contradict it anyway you want, the fact is, it was said.

i am not saying it wasn't said. i am saying it patently isn't true.

me walter and kenny dal all agree on that.

All I'll say about Wilson is that he fits into the same catergory as Cuellar, Bougherra and a few others....played a stormer next to mentor Weir. Without the mentor none were ever to reach that levels again. Weir got the best out of all of them.

To bring this back into the line of thread Id love Weir to be a signing this summer - as coach. Depending on what happens at Goodison its a possibility. If Martinez comes in with his own staff then Weir and others may be looking for coaching jobs elsewhere.

Rangers expect to clinch signings of Arnold Peralta and Stevie Smith

Arnold Peralta and Stevie Smith are set to become the latest signings at Rangers.

Club coach Ian Durrant confirmed to STV on Friday he was confident of securing the signatures of both players, who are available as free agents.

Honduran international Peralta has been linked with a switch to Scotland for several months and will end a five-year spell at Vida before making the switch.

Capped 13 times by his country, the 24-year-old plays as a defensive midfielder.

Smith will return for a second spell at Ibrox having graduated through the club's youth academy.

The 27-year-old made his debut in 2004 and went on to spend eight years with the side before leaving on a free transfer to join Norwich City.

He returned to Scotland briefly on loan at Aberdeen, before spending time with Preston North End and MLS side Portland Timbers.

Smith hasn't played a competitive match since October 27 last year when he started Portland's match against San Jose Earthquakes.

Both will not be eligible to be officially registered by Rangers until a registration embargo imposed on the club expires on September 1.

Either could feature as a trialist in league matches before then but Ally McCoist will be limited to fielding two per game.

Peralta and Smith join Cammy Bell, Jon Daly, Nicky Clark and Nicky Law in agreeing to move to Ibrox.

... says STV, Evening Times reports a done-deal for Smith.