He may well be a good player but do we really need him?

Faure has been playing very well and likes to pass the ball out of defence and Mohsni must be his starting partner, then we have Cribari, jig, Hegarty, Perry, McAusland, how many more do we need?

Hegarty and Perry are injured at the moment, but Ally can use Luca Gasparotto if needed. No idea why Ally or anyone would think we need Pandza at this level we're at.

Forgot about him as well.

So we have 8 CB's right now in the squad (and there's also Daly who could play there in an emergency), even with two injured, at least two of them have to go.

Yep. I was saying last week that we could easily afford to offload Cribari and not even have to replace him.

Cribari has certainly looked more solid this season but I agree, he's one we could easily cope without. Can someone text Jim White and ask him to start some rumours that there are clubs interested in buying him? That might spark some other club to actually make a bit and we can get rid of him.

We can certainly dream, at least.

He may well be a good player but do we really need him?

Faure has been playing very well and likes to pass the ball out of defence and Mohsni must be his starting partner, then we have Cribari, jig, Hegarty, Perry, McAusland, how many more do we need?

Of the 7 on that list, Cribari and Perry are far below the standard I'd expect even at the level we are at. That leaves 5. McCulloch is a legend in my eyes but is coming to the end and will need replaced sooner rather than later, that's 4. Moshni seems a certain starter and needs a partner, that leaves 3 left over; Hegarty and McAusland are more or less completely untested and you would not bet much on them keeping out even an SPFLPSLPFP attack; now we're down to 1 CB you would feel OK about playing, Faure, and his recent rise to halfway decent could be a blip.

I like Seb and think he looks like a player, but I'd prefer a stronger trio or quarter of CBs to pick from. Moshni, Pandza, Faure & Jig would do me for the next 2 years, but beyond them I think the cupboard is a bit bare.

Of the 7 on that list, Cribari and Perry are far below the standard I'd expect even at the level we are at. That leaves 5. McCulloch is a legend in my eyes but is coming to the end and will need replaced sooner rather than later, that's 4. Moshni seems a certain starter and needs a partner, that leaves 3 left over; Hegarty and McAusland are more or less completely untested and you would not bet much on them keeping out even an SPFLPSLPFP attack; now we're down to 1 CB you would feel OK about playing, Faure, and his recent rise to halfway decent could be a blip.

I like Seb and think he looks like a player, but I'd prefer a stronger trio or quarter of CBs to pick from. Moshni, Pandza, Faure & Jig would do me for the next 2 years, but beyond them I think the cupboard is a bit bare.

McAusland impressed on Saturday, and generally this season at right back. But for me he looks more like a centre half given his height. I'd too would be happy with Mohshni, Pandza, Faure and Jig, with McAusland and Gasparotto as backups.

Saying that, Gasparotto needs to be loaned out to get first team experience. There is no point in him spending this season on the bench as he's clearly ready for that level of involvement, even if he is not a starter for us yet.

Given where we are right now in terms of leagues and cash, wouldn't you accept Moshni, Faure, Jig and pick one from the others? I think you may be under-rating McAusland, albeit not tested against decent opposition but not his fault. Hegarty has been played out of position most of the time but did looked very nervous at CB at the end of last season and made three mistakes in a row in one game, can't remember who against. Agreed Cribari and Perry can go.

Hegarty and Gasparotto need to get game time, so I'd loan them out. Argyriou, Hutton, and Perry should be sold or freed, once they are fit. It was IMHO a lucky thing that both Perry and Hutton got injured while the transfer window was in full swing.

Now that Cole is gone, McAusland/Faure could also deputize at RB, should Foster or Peralta are injured, suspended, or asked to play somewhere else.