He was offered a contract that involved a substantial pay cut and he refused it. He openly spoke about this in a later interview and even intimated roughly how much of a pay cut was involved in the contract he refused.

A grand or two a week? If he'd play for that I wouldn't have a problem, but he'd probably be looking for more along the lines of 8-10k p/w if he was coming back to Ibrox.

at 8-10k i certainly wouldn't want him. i don't really either way tbh. it would depend how much he want's to come back. we are the only club who would offer him 2k realistically.

even at 1-2k a week he is a waste of money, he is not required for Rangers to progress and would just get rid of him come a few years. Save the £52,000-£104,000 a year and spend it on something worth while. In reality though we know it would cost a lot more than that to have him here.

Miller is one of 'the boys' Cal, it's that simple. Jig is one too and IMO that's why he got a bumper contract in the winter just before Walter handed over to Ally, followed by another extension from Ally (which takes him up till 2015 if I'm not mistaken). If you want a specific definition of 'the boys' I'm referring to, then it's guys who are very very close to Ally & Walter from their time managing the national team.

jig took a pay cut to join rangers. he then took a pay cut again in each of his extensions.

i know a good friend of his. frankly i wouldn't play him but the cuts are part of the reason he is still here.

jig took a pay cut to join rangers. he then took a pay cut again in each of his extensions.

i know a good friend of his. frankly i wouldn't play him but the cuts are part of the reason he is still here.

The cut he took to come to us in the first place isn't really relevant, but I've heard the stuff about him taking pay cuts on his contract renewals. By the same token, he was reported (edit: rumoured!) to be on almost £20k p/w when we went into admin last year, so was that bullshit or was that his cut down wage?

Edited by Zappa

The cut he took to come to us in the first place isn't really relevant, but I've heard the stuff about him taking pay cuts on his contract renewals. By the same token, he was reported (edit: rumoured!) to be on almost £20k p/w when we went into admin last year, so was that bullshit or was that his cut down wage?

iirc he was on 17k when he joined us down from over 20k and went to 14k before admin.

i think the story was he would be earning 20k most weeks around admin time which was probably true given bonuses.

iirc he was on 17k when he joined us down from over 20k and went to 14k before admin.

i think the story was he would be earning 20k most weeks around admin time which was probably true given bonuses.

Bonuses for beating Alloa and the Binos !!!

Money should have been deducted if they didn't beat them.

Bonuses for beating Alloa and the Binos !!!

Money should have been deducted if they didn't beat them.

We weren't playing Alloa and the Binos before admin. Infact we were winning leagues.

I'm fairly confident our win bonuses will be a fraction of what they used to be now.

Miller is one of 'the boys' Cal, it's that simple. Jig is one too and IMO that's why he got a bumper contract in the winter just before Walter handed over to Ally, followed by another extension from Ally (which takes him up till 2015 if I'm not mistaken). If you want a specific definition of 'the boys' I'm referring to, then it's guys who are very very close to Ally & Walter from their time managing the national team.

I'll have to leave it to you to define who they are as I can't really work it out. It suggests we should be going for a lot of other (ex)Scotland players which we don't seem to be doing. There doesn't seem many of these boys at Ibrox right now and there have been a few aging Scots internationalists on the market.

Let's cut to the chase here. Do you genuinely believe that if Miller signed for us again he would be earning 1 or 2 grand a week?

I said 2-4k a week. It all depends on our wage structure where I'd guess he'd be at the top tier. But my point was that even if you're not rich, 100k-200k a year is not a hard living and so if you're at the end of your career and already very wealthy it's easier to choose football and family over loads of money - in the assumption you've put quite a bit aside for your possible retirement.

How much are the Canadian league paying him? I can't see him commanding a huge wage these days due to his age, and it all depends how much he wants to come home and how much he wants to do so while playing for the best and richest team in the country that would want him.

How much was Frank de Boer on? He is a good example.

We weren't playing Alloa and the Binos before admin. Infact we were winning leagues.

I'm fairly confident our win bonuses will be a fraction of what they used to be now.

I should hope so, in fact it should be performance related, win by less than 3 goals no bonus.

The more Ally spends on wages for players, the less his wage. :lover: