Define 'peanuts' though....

Miller left the club because he wasn't willing to take a pay cut and was offered big money in Turkey, but now he's willing to come back and play in the 3rd tier of Scottish football for peanuts? I don't believe that for one minute. Again, I guess it depends on the definition of 'peanuts'.

a grand or two a week.

he was our best player and we let him run out of contract mucking him about left right and center.

no wonder he went for 40k a week. i knew someone who knew his wife at the time and he was keen to stay.

I would assume that as long as Perry and Hutton are injured, they won't be going. And I am not sure if either of those two would be wiling goers too, same with Cole. Paying any of them off is essentially nearly the same as having them on a contract.

I would assume that as long as Perry and Hutton are injured, they won't be going. And I am not sure if either of those two would be wiling goers too, same with Cole. Paying any of them off is essentially nearly the same as having them on a contract.

Oh we'll have to pay them off - no doubt.

The decision to give Cole a year's extension looks bizarre at best.

a grand or two a week.

he was our best player and we let him run out of contract mucking him about left right and center.

no wonder he went for 40k a week. i knew someone who knew his wife at the time and he was keen to stay.

He was offered a contract that involved a substantial pay cut and he refused it. He openly spoke about this in a later interview and even intimated roughly how much of a pay cut was involved in the contract he refused.

A grand or two a week? If he'd play for that I wouldn't have a problem, but he'd probably be looking for more along the lines of 8-10k p/w if he was coming back to Ibrox.

Don't get the "job for the boys" comments. They just don't make sense. As Shiels is a current RANGERS player and Miller is playing for Vancouver and also had a stint at Celtic - who is more qualified as "one of the boys"? Seems just another excuse to moan to me.

If there was a job for the boys attitude then how could we ever ask anyone to leave? They are all Rangers players after all.

Define 'peanuts' though....

Miller left the club because he wasn't willing to take a pay cut and was offered big money in Turkey, but now he's willing to come back and play in the 3rd tier of Scottish football for peanuts? I don't believe that for one minute. Again, I guess it depends on the definition of 'peanuts'.

Why not? Like you say he went to play in Turkey for 40k a week, the guy is now a millionaire with prospects in coaching and management. He is in his final hurrah as a footballer and can afford to play for nothing - and peanuts at Rangers is still very liveable. I could easily cope on 2-4 grand a week... (I wish)

What are his genuine choices? Rangers sounds more interesting for a Scot than Vancouver before you even start to consider family etc.

Don't get the "job for the boys" comments. They just don't make sense. As Shiels is a current RANGERS player and Miller is playing for Vancouver and also had a stint at Celtic - who is more qualified as "one of the boys"? Seems just another excuse to moan to me.

If there was a job for the boys attitude then how could we ever ask anyone to leave? They are all Rangers players after all.

Miller is one of 'the boys' Cal, it's that simple. Jig is one too and IMO that's why he got a bumper contract in the winter just before Walter handed over to Ally, followed by another extension from Ally (which takes him up till 2015 if I'm not mistaken). If you want a specific definition of 'the boys' I'm referring to, then it's guys who are very very close to Ally & Walter from their time managing the national team.

Why not? Like you say he went to play in Turkey for 40k a week, the guy is now a millionaire with prospects in coaching and management. He is in his final hurrah as a footballer and can afford to play for nothing - and peanuts at Rangers is still very liveable. I could easily cope on 2-4 grand a week... (I wish)

What are his genuine choices? Rangers sounds more interesting for a Scot than Vancouver before you even start to consider family etc.

Let's cut to the chase here. Do you genuinely believe that if Miller signed for us again he would be earning 1 or 2 grand a week?