Keith Jackson - D Day At Rangers This Week

Because if Scottish football really is to be fixed, then first Rangers will have to fix themselves. And the coming days may well determine if that is possible or not.

A full-scale bloodbath was narrowly avoided in the boardroom on Friday when an emergency meeting of this clubâ??s warring directors was aborted in curious circumstances, at the very last minute.

On the agenda was the removal of chairman Malcolm Murray, which has been coming for some time, but there may have been other casualties including non-exec director Phil Cartmell. And had Murray and Cartmell been axed then former manager Walter Smith would most probably have resigned in protest and followed them down the marble staircase.

That would have opened up positions for bus brother James Easdale and also Chris Morgan of Blue Pitch Holdings to fill. And crucially it may also have left a seat at the table for Charles Green, the former chief executive, who might just be planning to make a surprise return to power following his own resignation last month.

Green has been gone since April 19 but, oddly, without ever going away. He has remained on the board and in and around the political murkiness which has done so much to discredit this club and cause it disgrace.

And he will be there in the centre of it all again this week when Fridayâ??s deferred butchery begins for real. Yes, this coming Wednesday is taking on the shape of a genuine D-Day for Rangers as if Murray, Cartmell and Smith are all ousted then the club could be placed firmly back in the grip of Greenâ??s big Yorkshire hands and, if that is the case, it is difficult to imagine any less turbulent times ahead.

The timing is crucial of course, as Green is scheduled to stand down from his directorial position at the end of this month, which of course falls on Friday. If Green does not get his way before then, then perhaps he will move on and so too can this fractured club. Maybe then the cleansing, which Ally McCoist spoke of, can begin.

All of which points to one almighty and ferocious final battle for the heart and soul of Rangers. But the winners and losers will not be confined to the Ibrox boardroom or even to within the ranks of the clubâ??s weary supporters.

The outcome of this latest Rangers trauma will impact on all of Scottish football. Just as it did last summer. Soon we will all know if there are better times ahead for our game.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-jackson-howitzer-weekend-provides-1915007?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

At the end of the Article.

Uuuh, aaahhh, ware the future! I tell you!

Old news and info mingled with a bit of urgency and lack of info.

We are so desperate that we are signing players left, right, and centre, with Clark poised for this week.

If I were Dave King I would wait a bit longer. If we're all on his side why don't we apply some gentle pressure involving season ticket cash?

We don't appear to be though. It seems to depend on the forum. Fairly unanimous over here from what I can see, but over on RM for example there's still lots of anti-King stuff. That's the problem - as a support we can't agree on anything these days.

On RM they've even turned on Chris Graham (and being pretty personal and nasty in the process), which is something I just don't get, and it makes me despair how easily we can implode as a support.