A dinosaur rears it's head

I disagree, our strong partnerships and social connections are clear, even the SNP say we'll always be tied to the rest of Britain.

Sadly you get some Scots that are William Wallace wannabees.

Not really. I disagree with TRPB but he's clearly not a bigot.

Believing two categories of people are different is not the same as saying one is better than the other. It's not hateful.

Bloody hell, do you even sound Scottish now? :D

Can only disagree, I certainly think there are situations where people should be able to vote even if they don't currently have an address in Scotland, this is such a big lifetime decision.

It is also a lifetime decision for the rest of Britain should they not then be given a vote?

I have never tried to lose my accent, I sill sound as Scottish as the day I left. Unless I am speaking Dutch of course.:)

This is quite possibly D'artagnan's best piece ever due to the debate it has been subjected to on all the forum's i have seen and read it on.

Well done again Sir.

Anyone who seriously sees England as a foreign country like France or something is the worst kind of bigoted nationalist.

Really? How about someone who lives in France for much of the year, works in France, was married in France to a French woman and has French family and friends; someone who has no connection to England, never lived there, never worked there and has no English friends or family? Still a bigot?

You know, your extremist vocabulary " worst kind of bigoted nationalist", your invented quotes "how brilliant Scottish nationalism is and how horrible British nationalism is" , your fabricated opposition viewpoints "from this independence campaign. Anti-English, anti-British stuff is rife," and confusing of subjects " I disagree about Scotland's big morals you seem to be playing up, what our friends in the East End get away with being a prime example" make debating with you very difficult. It's impossible for me to address a point which only exists because you invented it.

Show me, for example, one single instance of any publication by the official Yes campaign which is anti-English.

Just one.

Show me one single piece of anti-English material by the official Yes campaign and I will change my vote.

Then you can maybe explain what the connection is between the thuggish behaviour of Celtic fans and the inclusive, civic nationalism promoted by the SNP, which gives anyone who lives here, regardless of nationality, full democratic rights.

Really? How about someone who lives in France for much of the year, works in France, was married in France to a French woman and has French family and friends; someone who has no connection to England, never lived there, never worked there and has no English friends or family? Still a bigot?

If someone's personal circumstances mean they're very close to France or elsewhere then fine.

But you surely cannot deny that Scotland has strong connections to England, independence or no independence?

We have a huge connection with England but those that see that with rose tinted specs can't have spent much time in England or with English people. There is definitely a different culture here (generally) a ton of which is not as pleasant as that of the Scotland I left.

The attitude towards Scotland and Scots is also often not very nice.

We have a huge connection with England but those that see that with rose tinted specs can't have spent much time in England or with English people. There is definitely a different culture here (generally) a ton of which is not as pleasant as that of the Scotland I left.

The attitude towards Scotland and Scots is also often not very nice.

I've been to England many times for holidays, family visits and not felt unwelcome once.

I'm sure there's some anti-Scottish stuff about, just like there's anti-English stuff about here.

Plenty of connections with USA, Canada etc & for the same reason: economic migration.

I can't see why having these connections would mean you absolutely have to take your political decisions from these countries, though. That there are maybe more Scots in England (and lets face it, we mean London here) is both an indicator as to how the UK is governed - all effort into the London city-state and hope against hope the wealth dissipates outward - and a geographical accident.

If Ireland (titter) were to become an economic powerhouse on the scale of London, I doubt there would be many calling for us to be governed from Dublin, no matter how many links we created between the countries.