Walter's resignation...could it be ?

You don't think he should stand up for himself and his players after an unprofessional attack from a proven liar with an agenda? Really?

Amms, I'm all for Ally standing up for himself and I was proud of him when he did it with Lennon and his defiant speeches of recent. However regardless of whether it was said in a rant or in a calm manner (he is good at 'looking' calm) something in me thinks it was delivered from a place of anger with a lot of things e.g. the result, the team, himself (?). What I mean is that I don't think he would have delivered that speech had we won 6-0 (although I could well be wrong). I didn't like the fact he used it as an excuse for a doing from Forfar. If the mhanks were laughing at us before then that speech certainly didn't leave them short of ammo. It felt like 'washing dirty linen in public' although I will add that from what I've heard about Green's comments then he certainly started the ball rolling, and he should have kept his gob shut.

Maybe I'm too old school in my ways but I prefer the public fighting and defiance to be kept for our detractors, and our domestics to be kept private. Granted that might not be an easy option in these times.

McCoist's comments were spot on. He highlighted the need for experienced players to come in and help some of the younger lads out. They may or may not be the worst Rangers team ever but the squad Ally had at his disposal for Saturdays game was arguably the most inexperienced ever.

Maybe we should have signed milkmen, postmen and betterware agents and thrown a couple of farmers in for good measure - No Wait! - Just change the manager

Amms, I'm all for Ally standing up for himself and I was proud of him when he did it with Lennon and his defiant speeches of recent. However regardless of whether it was said in a rant or in a calm manner (he is good at 'looking' calm) something in me thinks it was delivered from a place of anger with a lot of things e.g. the result, the team, himself (?). What I mean is that I don't think he would have delivered that speech had we won 6-0 (although I could well be wrong). I didn't like the fact he used it as an excuse for a doing from Forfar. If the mhanks were laughing at us before then that speech certainly didn't leave them short of ammo. It felt like 'washing dirty linen in public' although I will add that from what I've heard about Green's comments then he certainly started the ball rolling, and he should have kept his gob shut.

Maybe I'm too old school in my ways but I prefer the public fighting and defiance to be kept for our detractors, and our domestics to be kept private. Granted that might not be an easy option in these times.

You know I'll accept two wrongs don't make a right. But with Green making statements about the team within hours of becoming a consultant Ally clearly wanted to draw a line in the sand. There can be no doubt what McCoist thinks of Green now, as supporters that's important.

I don't care what Mhanks think. We've been washing our linen in public for years now, I wish we'd stop too, but I can understand why McCoist felt he had to respond publicly on Saturday.

Maybe we should have signed milkmen, postmen and betterware agents and thrown a couple of farmers in for good measure - No Wait! - Just change the manager

The difference between the two? I will bet 100% the Forfar fans know how their manager likes his team set up and what their game plan is. This is the first time in 40 and more years of watching Rangers that I have no clue of what our preferred game plan or formation is, and how long has Ally been in charge. I played football for a long number of years (not at a high level) so I can usually see with my own eyes, but it changes from week to week. For a Club of our stature that frightens me, considering we have had the same three guys at the sidelines for how long? Can anyone tell me what our playing formation and philosophy is - seriously?

You know I'll accept two wrongs don't make a right. But with Green making statements about the team within hours of becoming a consultant Ally clearly wanted to draw a line in the sand. There can be no doubt what McCoist thinks of Green now, as supporters that's important.

I don't care what Mhanks think. We've been washing our linen in public for years now, I wish we'd stop too, but I can understand why McCoist felt he had to respond publicly on Saturday.

I know what you are saying, and I'm probably being a hypocrite because I may have done the same, but I just wish he hadn't used it as an excuse for Rangers being knocked out of the cup by Forfar. I would have respected him a bit more had he shouldered responsibility for his part in it.

The difference between the two? I will bet 100% the Forfar fans know how their manager likes his team set up and what their game plan is. This is the first time in 40 and more years of watching Rangers that I have no clue of what our preferred game plan or formation is, and how long has Ally been in charge. I played football for a long number of years (not at a high level) so I can usually see with my own eyes, but it changes from week to week. For a Club of our stature that frightens me, considering we have had the same three guys at the sidelines for how long? Can anyone tell me what our playing formation and philosophy is - seriously?

They stood with a clipboard trying to figure out the obvious for at least 10 mins, possibly as long as 15 mins before going 3 at the back and sending McCulloch up front, losing 1-0 in a one off cup tie.

Our team was not young on Saturday.

Player Age Apps

Gallacher 24 37

Hegarty 20 28

McCulloch 35 601

Faure 22 21

Wallace 26 234

Black 28 285

Mitchell 21 10

Crawford 20 24

Macleod 19 28

Templeton 24 174

Little. 24 69

SUBS:

A Smith 20 0

Aird 18 21

McAusland 20 26

Gasparotto 17 2

McKay 18 42

Average 22 100

As you can see this gives us a squad average age of 22 and career first team competitive appearances of 100. I stand by what I said before, but maybe you'd like to find me a less experienced post war Rangers side

I know what you are saying, and I'm probably being a hypocrite because I may have done the same, but I just wish he hadn't used it as an excuse for Rangers being knocked out of the cup by Forfar. I would have respected him a bit more had he shouldered responsibility for his part in it.

I think that is spot on.

How about him saying "I couldn't get the players up for this one until it was too late and I am tactically inept into the bargain".

Green was out of order but that's a matter for the Board not the Manager.

As you can see this gives us a squad average age of 22 and career first team competitive appearances of 100. I stand by what I said before, but maybe you'd like to find me a less experienced post war Rangers side

Yes but 3 Scottish Internationalists with a total of 1100+ appearances to guide them.