Walter's resignation...could it be ?

I've already responded to this quote mate, but I'd like to add McCoist having a go at last years team is just not on, can you imagine the great managers of the past doing that?

McCoist hasn't just 'lost' the players he's belittled - he's lost the respect of fellow professionals too, time to go Ally

McCoist's comments were spot on. He highlighted the need for experienced players to come in and help some of the younger lads out. They may or may not be the worst Rangers team ever but the squad Ally had at his disposal for Saturdays game was arguably the most inexperienced ever.

McCoist's comments were spot on. He highlighted the need for experienced players to come in and help some of the younger lads out. They may or may not be the worst Rangers team ever but the squad Ally had at his disposal for Saturdays game was arguably the most inexperienced ever.

Our team was not young on Saturday.

There is some truth in this.

At the time of the share offer theirwages had been reduced in line with the cuts the player's took, from memory Ally was on about £135,000, I'll stand to be corrected on the exact figure.

However at some point they all got their pay hiked back up, which would put Ally on about £750k and the other two the same between them; again I'll stand to be corrected on the exact figures.

At these levels they are obviously massively overpaid whether we win SPFL1 or not.

Green is back at the behest of the investor group that he brought in with a remit to cut costs. A useful question might be, who exactly appointed him.

My guess is that it was put to the board that you either appoint him or we're pulling the plug.

Walter, being a man of honour wanted no part and so has fallen on his sword.

Ally & Co will be made an offer they will most likely refuse and probably will then be sacked at the first available opportunity.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
typo

Clear enough to me that it will have been a number of issues that provoked this action.

I'd say McCoist's position would be the least important.

If we had a trustworthy board in place I might agree with you. Sadly we don't

McCoist could have called Green's comments unhelpful, unneeded, not his place bla bla bla if he felt he had to respond, you think the extent he went to was needed?

Yes. It leaves no room for ambiguity.

A consultant making veiled threats about the managers position.... "much of nothing"... aye, ok.

Any consultant elsewhere would already have been relieved of their duties for his interview. He is a

paid consultant, not a spokesperson of the club, and he should do well to remember that.

This consultant and mere employee happens to be our largest single shareholder so has more right than most to state his expectations for this season.

There is some truth in this.

At the time of the share offer theirwages had been reduced in line with the cuts the player's took, from memory ally was on about £135,000, I'll stand to be corrected on the exact figure.

However at some point they all got theirpay hiked back up, which would put Ally on about £750k and the other two the same between them; again I'll stand to be corrected on the exact figures.

At these levels they are obviously massively overpaid whether we win SPFL1 or not.

Green is back at the behest of the investor group that he brought in with a remit to cut costs. A useful question might be, who exactly appointed him.

My guess is that it was put to the board that you either appoint him or we're pulling the plug.

Walter, being a man of honour wanted no part and so has fallen on his sword.

Ally & Co will be made an offer they will most likely refuse and will be the next casualties and probably will then be sacked at the first available opportunity.

at which point they will be paid up their full contracts. a years wages for each?

do we even have enough cash for that.