Hurray, something I can object to that everyone else likes.

I don't think there's any point expecting anything more than the cachet of being a Rangers Member for your tenner (or whatever). Maybe a cheap repro club tie for AGM's or something but that would be about it. That said I'd be willing to pay because I am a sucker.

Someone mentioned avoiding elitism but I'm going to wade in and say we need a bit of elitism, because some of the likely candidates for office would be liable to make John Brown look like the model of sober public speaking, should they get a platform.

To put it a little into perspective, Motherwell is running a membership scheme already (and AFAIK for years). Here are the levels of membership and what you get for them - Motherwell FC.

Edited by Zappa
changed link colour

Arnold is of the opinion that fans should put their support behind any current or new director who promotes a membership scheme.

I think it's a good idea BH and one which I would hope could be pursued.

I don't however think it's relevant to the purpose of the EGM as I don't think it would lead to proper governance of the club and certainly don't agree with Arnold that it should be used to sway votes at the EGM or indeed to distract from the issues at hand.

I think it's a good idea BH and one which I would hope could be pursued.

I don't however think it's relevant to the purpose of the EGM as I don't think it would lead to proper governance of the club and certainly don't agree with Arnold that it should be used to sway votes at the EGM or indeed to distract from the issues at hand.

I think that's a very fair point of view and one that I would respect and convey back.

On the other hand if a director did take it up it would be no bad thing and obviously essential to have Board support to get it moving.

I think that's a very fair point of view and one that I would respect and convey back.

On the other hand if a director did take it up it would be no bad thing and obviously essential to have Board support to get it moving.

If both sides backed the proposal and thus it had no influence on proceedings then I wouldn't see any harm in it. Otherwise, it could be disruptive. With the best interests of the club in mind I think the timing for putting this forward could be better.

If both sides backed the proposal and thus it had no influence on proceedings then I wouldn't see any harm in it. Otherwise, it could be disruptive. With the best interests of the club in mind I think the timing for putting this forward could be better.

It's not going to be on the agenda of the EGM.

I like the idea of a membership scheme but I don't believe it should be implemented until the board is sorted out and we have directors we can actually trust in place. I'd be very concerned that current directors promoting this would be doing so as a sop to the fans and I know they already thought of introducing a half arsed scheme at the start of this season for precisely that reason. This needs to be done properly once the club is secure and the fans can rely on those implementing any scheme.