Yesterday's board meeting (CG 'stands down' and wants to sell shares)

not good enough rangers. not even close.

They were never going to give up without a fight and just resign en masse.

What I'm not pleased about though is the contradictory stories coming from the board and Green's camp, with Green's camp saying he "stepped down" and the board supposedly saying they "terminated" his consultancy agreement.

If McCollCo get in then I would think that Frank Blin is the obvious candidate; man with an impeccable international reputation.

I have managed to connect with him and also got a personal introduction from a person on the same level (as him, not me!) but he is keeping absolutely stum right now and I don't blame him.

Remember and tell him what you did to one of the signatories to the requisition order.

THE Board of Rangers Football Club has issued the following statement today.

Following a Board meeting this morning the Club’s directors decided to terminate the consultancy agreement with Charles Green. The decision was unanimous and takes effect immediately.

However, the Board wish to make it clear Mr Green was not the only point on the agenda at today’s meeting.

The Directors can state categorically that they have always been open to adding to the current size of the Board and are actively seeking a new chairman, one who will bring instant and significant benefits. In particular it will be necessary to connect strongly with Corporate Britain if the Board’s ambitions for Rangers are to be fulfilled.

This Board has been working tirelessly to find an intelligent solution to the request for a general meeting and all of the Directors are open to sensible and reasonable additions. For instance, the Board are not against Frank Blin becoming a Director but do have reservations about other proposals.

Even so, the Directors remain hopeful compromise can be reached and that everyone, the fans especially, will see this Club emerge a much more stable and vibrant operation.

It is the Board’s belief that with the right level of understanding from all sides Rangers will prosper and be stronger than at any time in its history. This is what the Directors are committed to achieving through the work of an enhanced but perfectly balanced Board.

Looks like someone wants a compromise.

Not likely...yet.

Looks like someone wants a compromise.

Not likely...yet.

I'd wager that Mather and Stockbridge are more concerned about keeping their jobs than doing what's best for the club.

I'd wager that Mather and Stockbridge are more concerned about keeping their jobs than doing what's best for the club.

The whole statement came across as weak and almost apologetic.

Very easy to misread the situation but looked like the opening gambit of a negotiation. One I think those wanting the changes will confidently reject.

What will their counter offer be?

The whole statement came across as weak and almost apologetic.

Very easy to misread the situation but looked like the opening gambit of a negotiation. One I think those wanting the changes will confidently reject.

What will their counter offer be?

If they want a compromise, I honestly think the only one McColl & co would even consider is if Mather & the rest of the board throw Stockbridge under a bus.

If they want a compromise, I honestly think the only one McColl & co would even consider is if Mather & the rest of the board throw Stockbridge under a bus.

Murray may well be replaced but they'll still want the others removed.

We'll see.

not good enough rangers. not even close.

Please outline your main area of dissatisfaction. The statement makes it clear that the board recognises that it requires to be rebuilt. I respect your views GS but I just feel that you are being prematurely harsh.

Please outline your main area of dissatisfaction. The statement makes it clear that the board recognises that it requires to be rebuilt. I respect your views GS but I just feel that you are being prematurely harsh.

Adding one good guy to the board will change nothing. 3 off and 2 on is a swing off 5. They want a swing of less than one.

Its pathetic.