Yesterday's board meeting (CG 'stands down' and wants to sell shares)

Probably not but it's still another problem that's hanging over the club.

The lack of a credible chairman from the existing board members only highlights how little confidence we can have that these blokes can bring about progress. Suspect the road ahead could be uncomfortable.

I am glad CG has decided to stand down, he assuredly jumped before he was pushed & now looks to be selling his shares to whomever will buy them ... as is his right.

CG had always declared that he was here to make money & I have absolutely no problem with that ...

** He was provided an excellent salary of approx £320k .. a reasonable figure for a CEO of a multi-national company (he was given a ridiculous bonus of 100% for team performance rather than financial)

** He was awarded shares valued at £0.01p/each ... a fair value considering where the company was (he recently demanded £0.70p/each for them .. a 7000% uplift, when shareholders who bought via IPO have lost about 50% value in their holding under his stewardship)

** He helped to raise £22m in a highly successful IPO (he was also in charge when the club has seemingly spent over £30m in a single year)

** He helped defend the club during one of it's most turbulent times in it's history (he brought ridicule to the club by making unsubstantiated claims about Dallas Cowboy linkups, ManUtd wanting in EPL etc and, of course, the now infamous P*k*-gate quote)

To sum it all up, while he performed well in his initial time at the club, for me, he has out-stayed his welcome & i'm happy he has gone & looks to be divesting his shares & will have NO links to the club

Will the new chairman come from the existing board or will an outsider get the job?

If McCollCo get in then I would think that Frank Blin is the obvious candidate; man with an impeccable international reputation.

I have managed to connect with him and also got a personal introduction from a person on the same level (as him, not me!) but he is keeping absolutely stum right now and I don't blame him.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I am glad CG has decided to stand down, he assuredly jumped before he was pushed & now looks to be selling his shares to whomever will buy them ... as is his right.

CG had always declared that he was here to make money & I have absolutely no problem with that ...

** He was provided an excellent salary of approx £320k .. a reasonable figure for a CEO of a multi-national company (he was given a ridiculous bonus of 100% for team performance rather than financial)

** He was awarded shares valued at £0.01p/each ... a fair value considering where the company was (he recently demanded £0.70p/each for them .. a 7000% uplift, when shareholders who bought via IPO have lost about 50% value in their holding under his stewardship)

** He helped to raise £22m in a highly successful IPO (he was also in charge when the club has seemingly spent over £30m in a single year)

** He helped defend the club during one of it's most turbulent times in it's history (he brought ridicule to the club by making unsubstantiated claims about Dallas Cowboy linkups, ManUtd wanting in EPL etc and, of course, the now infamous P*k*-gate quote)

To sum it all up, while he performed well in his initial time at the club, for me, he has out-stayed his welcome & i'm happy he has gone & looks to be divesting his shares & will have NO links to the club

A very fair summary in my opinion.

If McCollCo get in then I would think that Frank Blin is the obvious candidate; man with an impeccable international reputation.

I have managed to connect with him and also got a personal introduction from a person on the same level (as him, not me) but he is keeping absolutely stum right now and I don't blame him.

This is encouraging. I really don't want McColl or his group to speak out whatsoever until matters are concluded, one way or the other. By not speaking to any press outlets, it allows the likes of Green/Ahmad/Jack Irvine to be shown up for what they are. Engage in their tactics and you'll be tarred with the same brush.

This is encouraging. I really don't want McColl or his group to speak out whatsoever until matters are concluded, one way or the other. By not speaking to any press outlets, it allows the likes of Green/Ahmad/Jack Irvine to be shown up for what they are. Engage in their tactics and you'll be tarred with the same brush.

Agreed. You'll recall that in 2010 MColl insisted on complete anonymity and said that if his name got out, the deal (to underwrite the fans' buyout) was off; unfortunately he was naïve enough to trust the Bank and Murray, and the rest is history.

He may have learned a lesson from that.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
misplaced apostrophe!

The lack of a credible chairman from the existing board members only highlights how little confidence we can have that these blokes can bring about progress. Suspect the road ahead could be uncomfortable.

Someone will need to be elected to Chair tonight's meeting of course; but that will only temporary. They might have been well advised to bring in someone neutral, perhaps a lawyer as they used to do sometimes at the AGM, just to chair tonight's meeting which could be extremely contentious. Who knows, they may have done that.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

THE Board of Rangers Football Club has issued the following statement today.

Following a Board meeting this morning the Club’s directors decided to terminate the consultancy agreement with Charles Green. The decision was unanimous and takes effect immediately.

However, the Board wish to make it clear Mr Green was not the only point on the agenda at today’s meeting.

The Directors can state categorically that they have always been open to adding to the current size of the Board and are actively seeking a new chairman, one who will bring instant and significant benefits. In particular it will be necessary to connect strongly with Corporate Britain if the Board’s ambitions for Rangers are to be fulfilled.

This Board has been working tirelessly to find an intelligent solution to the request for a general meeting and all of the Directors are open to sensible and reasonable additions. For instance, the Board are not against Frank Blin becoming a Director but do have reservations about other proposals.

Even so, the Directors remain hopeful compromise can be reached and that everyone, the fans especially, will see this Club emerge a much more stable and vibrant operation.

It is the Board’s belief that with the right level of understanding from all sides Rangers will prosper and be stronger than at any time in its history. This is what the Directors are committed to achieving through the work of an enhanced but perfectly balanced Board.