Yesterday's board meeting (CG 'stands down' and wants to sell shares)

Read the statement again. It is premature to believe that there will be a swing of less than one. Pathetic! Compared with much that has been happening for many months now, what is a holding statement is hardly pathetic. If the eventual action is inadequate, along with others, I will identify with the description "pathetic" but surely it is not unreasonable to allow time to see what the outcome is.

Its a pathetic opening offer then :)

I agree with that; what I really meant was split them off P Murray, who is small fry compared to Blin.

MColl doesn't want a seat on the Board, so my guess is they will jettison Murray and accept the offer to put Blin on in exchange for Stockbridge and perhaps Mather, thereby avoiding the open warfare of an EGM.

I very much doubt that McColl would cast aside Paul Murray in that way.

Interestingly idea, though perhaps Paul Murray would be replaced by the signatory next after him, but then again that won't do will it?

I very much doubt that McColl would cast aside Paul Murray in that way.

I don't know that it would be portrayed as "casting aside". If they get 2 of their 3 targets, they might settle for 1 on 2 off rather than the turkey shoot of an EGM in pursuit of 2 on 3 off. Then it's just Paul, would you like to stand aside for the good of the Club etc etc.