Big notable differences will be Boca/Goian/Alexander off the wage bill and new deal with Sports Direct/Puma bringing in revenue.

Its going to have to be a very big difference regarding the SD/Puma income. The Charlotte Fakes leaked management accounts from around December last year were predicting a significant uplift in revenues. Given how late we were in releasing the new kit for sale, it makes you wonder how reliable their forecasting is.

Its going to have to be a very big difference regarding the SD/Puma income. The Charlotte Fakes leaked management accounts from around December last year were predicting a significant uplift in revenues. Given how late we were in releasing the new kit for sale, it makes you wonder how reliable their forecasting is.

I agree mate but was the only income I could think of off the top of my head. I'm assuming ST sales are pretty much the same as last year.

I'd imagine the SD/Puma income however is worth a good bit more than what our final season with Umbro was ..................

I agree mate but was the only income I could think of off the top of my head. I'm assuming ST sales are pretty much the same as last year.

I'd imagine the SD/Puma income however is worth a good bit more than what our final season with Umbro was ..................

It may well be, but it will also need to be off-set against the additional costs of owning and operating the retail outlets having taken them over from JJB. Some of the chat in the commentary of the management accounts was about the lack of available Umbro stock to sell due to the breakdown of the JJB deal, so I'm hopeful that we will get quite a good uplift in these numbers.

The forthcoming accounts should give us more insight.

We have been told on the club's website that McCoist was not able to bring him in (which he wanted) due to not being given the go-ahead.

Doesnt mean that Mather should allow him to sign a CB when we clearly have enough of them.

I think that Zaliukas falls into the category of "complete bargain suddenly becomes available for short time only". Sometimes you spend money

to save money long term when a bargain presents itself and it's hard to turn down...

I think we should only take him if he's considered good enough for the long term and for back in the top division. We can try to shed excess players in January when the guy would no longer be available - that's only four months away and so possibly worth the extra wages for that time if he's good enough.

We don't want to overspend but we don't want to be too inflexible to our own detriment...

I think that Zaliukas falls into the category of "complete bargain suddenly becomes available for short time only". Sometimes you spend money

to save money long term when a bargain presents itself and it's hard to turn down...

I think we should only take him if he's considered good enough for the long term and for back in the top division. We can try to shed excess players in January when the guy would no longer be available - that's only four months away and so possibly worth the extra wages for that time if he's good enough.

We don't want to overspend but we don't want to be too inflexible to our own detriment...

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with all of that, but our current situation isn't normal by any means. There's a significant chance that the club will need to find some fresh investment to boost the working capital in a few months time, so the question in my mind is can the club really afford to sign another player who will cost a couple of hundred grand to have in the squad for the rest of the season? We might be able to offload players in January, but that's not guaranteed during a short transfer window without having to pay them off. Perfect example is Argyriou, who is still here despite having been told he could find a new club at the beginning of the summer transfer window. I believe we were also trying to offload Cribari and yet he is still here too, so it's not as easy as saying there's a transfer window in January and we can offset wages by shipping out players then.