It seems a lot of people on here would rather we stayed on the current destructive path rather than even consider that this could be good for our club.

On this forum I think there's a healthy and certainly a constructive cynicism of all those who are (or indeed want to be) board members of Rangers FC.

At the end of the day only the current board can take us away from the destructive path you mention but clearly some of their recent work has been poor in that respect. They're in the box seat yet they continually fail to convince us of their intentions. Perhaps this weeks meeting with the fan groups will help but the last open meeting only served to create more questions than answers.

Some guidance on key issues - e.g. ongoing funding, beneficial ownership and questionable PR operations - would be most useful. Maybe even those tasked with spreading the Irvine gospel online may take that back to their paymasters to help deliver suitable answers in time for Thursday?

I would love King to come in and get rid of the lot of them and I include both sides. Some people just seem more concerned that King may back one side over the other.

Away to work, will be on later.

And if King were to place Paul Murray on the board does that make King a rebel too?

Fat chance, but I bet you're all getting your heads burst by heid the baw over by

A test for dB - can you follow this dialect Scots?

I believe King will be our next owner/major shareholder, I stated this several weeks ago.

Hardly an earth shaking surprise. The question is, though, will he be a major player at part of the current set up, or a major player under a new board? That's the unknown.

Edited by andy steel

Hardly a earth shaking surprise. The question is, though, will he be a major player at part of the current set up, or a major player under a new board? That's the unknown.

Either way we've a good stretch of purgatory still to go before we can breathe again. Fuck this.

From the various reports it would appear that BS was in South Africa (initial meeting with Dave King?) prior to CM flying out to SA from Dubai. A bit of a leap perhaps, but it sounds to me that Dave King was interested in whatever BS put on the table, and CM has flown over to ratify this personally.

Personally, I cannot see DK buying out the current shareholders as it would enrich Charles Green further, does this mean a secondary shares issue?

Ideally, we get Dave King as the majority shareholder with fans taking up options to buy a greater stake in the club over a period of time.

Well, I know heid and baw, but unless some gives you any sort of idea about idioms and phrases, you are most likely lost when it come to the meaning. Alas, if need be, there's this :)

Similarly, I could asked you whether you've got a "Riss im Keks" for asking me somesuch! :cool3:

BTW, from what has been reported to AIM, Charles Green has no more a significant sharehold to sell in Rangers? Sandy Easdale et al got them ...

Edited by der Berliner

From the various reports it would appear that BS was in South Africa (initial meeting with Dave King?) prior to CM flying out to SA from Dubai. A bit of a leap perhaps, but it sounds to me that Dave King was interested in whatever BS put on the table, and CM has flown over to ratify this personally.

Personally, I cannot see DK buying out the current shareholders as it would enrich Charles Green further, does this mean a secondary shares issue?

I'm cautious about speculating too much because my instincts tell me this could very well be little more than a pre-AGM PR stunt. The way the media and press surrounding it appears to have Toxic Jack's stench all over it certainly suggests that, but it could also be a case of there being something serious on the table and it was simply an open goal for Irvine to spin some pro-board and anti-protest PR at the same time.

This AGM is serious business though and the current board definitely have their jobs on the line, so I wouldn't put it past them (and their backers lurking in the shadows) to try and get King on their side with a juicy carrot. I also wouldn't put it past them to try to use King as leverage in order to gain support for AGM voting on resolution 10 regarding handing complete authority over the issuing of new shares to the board of directors.

Thankfully, I seriously doubt if Dave King is daft enough or desperate enough to fall for any of their tricks and he's certainly nobody's fool waiting to be used as a pawn. He's also certainly not the type of man to risk damaging the club in any way for the sake of some free (1p) shares and a seat on the board.

And if King were to place Paul Murray on the board does that make King a rebel too?

Paul Murray has stated he would gladly walk away if King came in.

King has not stated if he is for or against the current board, if he is against them then yes he would be a rebel.