I'm cautious about speculating too much because my instincts tell me this could very well be little more than a pre-AGM PR stunt. The way the media and press surrounding it appears to have Toxic Jack's stench all over it certainly suggests that, but it could also be a case of there being something serious on the table and it was simply an open goal for Irvine to spin some pro-board and anti-protest PR at the same time.

This AGM is serious business though and the current board definitely have their jobs on the line, so I wouldn't put it past them (and their backers lurking in the shadows) to try and get King on their side with a juicy carrot. I also wouldn't put it past them to try to use King as leverage in order to gain support for AGM voting on resolution 10 regarding handing complete authority over the issuing of new shares to the board of directors.

Thankfully, I seriously doubt if Dave King is daft enough or desperate enough to fall for any of their tricks and he's certainly nobody's fool waiting to be used as a pawn. He's also certainly not the type of man to risk damaging the club in any way for the sake of some free (1p) shares and a seat on the board.

What King has said for sure is that he will 100% not put in any money whatsoever if there was even a remote chance that he might be lining someone else's pocket. I don't believe, regardless what way I look at it, that the current board would be able to convince him this was the case. That is why I think DK will have said "let me tell you where I am..........and for that reason I'm out!".

I can't help thinking when people call the requisitioners 'rebels' they're trying to associate them with tims.

That's exactly what they're doing Andy. If I'm not mistaken it was a tactic born on McMurdo's 'blog' where he also started the concept of attacking Jim McColl for his SNP political leanings by referring to him as a Republican and specifically "Republican Jim" which then carried on to be used by certain other Rangers fans and constantly spread on one of the two biggest Gers forums.

Put the two together (rebel & republican) along with the occasional inclusion of an 'h' after the initial 'r' and clearly you have a nasty smear campaign designed to paint Jim McColl & the Requisitioners as the enemy. Really really underhand and devious propaganda IMO, especially when some of our support are buying into it.

Edited by Zappa

Hardly an earth shaking surprise. The question is, though, will he be a major player at part of the current set up, or a major player under a new board? That's the unknown.

King has already stated he will not purchase existing shares so I see him coming in via a second share issue. The amount of power he would control would depend on the amount he put in, this in turn would determine the make up of the future board. I think the existing shareholders need to be asked would you allow your shares to be diluted by X if King and possibly others put Y in.

I can't help thinking when people call the requisitioners 'rebels' they're trying to associate them with tims.

If you are against something and are actively campaining against it you ARE a rebel.

It is a more accurate term to describe the requesitioners as than the term SPIVS is to describe the current board .

Guest Belt & Braces
That's exactly what they're doing Andy. If I'm not mistaken it was a tactic born on McMurdo's 'blog' where he also started the concept of attacking Jim McColl for his SNP political leanings by referring to him as a Republican and specifically "Republican Jim" which then carried on to be used by certain other Rangers fans and constantly spread on one of the two biggest Gers forums.

Put the two together (rebel & republican) along with the occasional inclusion of an 'h' after the initial 'r' and clearly you have a nasty smear campaign designed to paint Jim McColl & the Requisitioners as the enemy. Really really underhand and devious propaganda IMO, especially when some of our support are buying into it.

Ahhhh Bill McMurdo, I stopped reading his blog a long time ago , but I quickly learned his play on words and slight of hands which are amateur at best. I hear there are many bemoaning his censorship on his comments section , particularly comments that call him out on his little smear campaign. I don't read his blog as I wouldn't want to give him the hit but when it comes to Bill nothing surprises me. He was on another forum a few months ago giving it the '' do you know how much traffic I bring to this forum '' chat,needless to say he was shot down in flames and put back in his box by yours truly.