If you and others truly believe that then those of us who don't have to respect your point of view; but the next time we're in Europe we'll last about 5 mins before we get kicked out again.

Since when did UEFA have an issue with Bobby Sands? The problems UEFA had have been virtually cut out, never enough for the eternally offended though.

Since when did UEFA have an issue with Bobby Sands? The problems UEFA had have been virtually cut out, never enough for the eternally offended though.

My point is twofold:

1. If such songs become unacceptable here then UEFA will surely follow (they took the opposite view in the past if you remember)

2. Regrettably some of those who sing such songs (such as the three in the row behind me at Brechin) seem unable to do so without the add ons.

That said I confess to knowing nothing at all about the origins of these songs and therefore am not going to get into whether they are political, sectarian or whatever.

And also being honest, I have never heard anything like the performance of BMG after we got gubbed in Valencia; it went on for fully half an hour getting louder and louder and was truly hair-raising. The Valencia directors stood looking on in amazement.

drlx4Wp.jpg

But could we not sing Follow Follow just as well and without FTPitV.

My point is twofold:

1. If such songs become unacceptable here then UEFA will surely follow (they took the opposite view in the past if you remember)

2. Regrettably some of those who sing such songs (such as the three in the row behind me at Brechin) seem unable to do so without the add ons.

That said I confess to knowing nothing at all about the origins of these songs and therefore am not going to get into whether they are political, sectarian or whatever.

And also being honest, I have never heard anything like the performance of BMG after we got gubbed in Valencia; it went on for fully half an hour getting louder and louder and was truly hair-raising. The Valencia directors stood looking on in amazement.

drlx4Wp.jpg

But could we not sing Follow Follow just as well and without FTPitV.

If it does become a football sanction issue then I might be more inclined to agree with you.

Right now it just seems like a pathetic agenda from the likes of focus and other authorities while murderers, rapists and paedophiles walk the streets.

Idiotic in your opinion but to many this is an important part of supporting Rangers. If it's not for you fine but that does not make the likes of Focus any less disgraceful.

and if some people support Rangers for idiotic reasons, should we deem those reasons to be less idiotic because the people who have them are Rangers supporters?

You're calling a large part of our fanbase idiotic then, i'd even argue it's a majority.

I don't agree with the description of "idiotic" I would prefer to say, "ill-advised"; but I don't think it's a majority any more. For example the vast majority of people sing "shooosh" at the end of a certain song now, rather than FTP.

I don't agree with the description of "idiotic" I would prefer to say, "ill-advised"; but I don't think it's a majority any more. For example the vast majority of people sing "shooosh" at the end of a certain song now, rather than FTP.

I'm not really referring to FTP though, i'm referring to the stuff in the OP.

I'm not really referring to FTP though, i'm referring to the stuff in the OP.

OK then, from my perspective I seriously do not see what songs like "No Pope of Rome" have to do with Rangers FC.

Surely we left all that behind long ago. If we didn't or haven't then isn't it time for a rethink? And please don't tell me about all the songs that THEY sing; it's not relevant. We need to get our own house in order then we can start talking about others.

Equally songs about or singing "Bobby Sands he's Deid" and the UVF are clearly political rather than sectarian; but once again I would prefer not to have them attached to RFC.

Do we not have a big enough RANGERS song book?

Incidentally, when I was on the JRG, I argued very strongly that whilst singing in support of a terrorist organisation was obviously offensive (within the meaning or intended meaning of the Act); singing against those who support a terrorist organisation was not. However, the Police strongly opposed this view and it was adopted by the SPL in their new rules (which means that Clubs can be charged when it happens). It isn't difficult to speculate why that happened. Ministers also accepted their point of view even although the Civil Servants admiited it was illogical and the Lord Advocate's advice was changed accordingly.