This video gives Lambert zero credibility, especially on 4mins 4secs.

That game exposes them for what they really are; everybody's cuddly, new best friends, full of the craic and the song and the love-me love-me......until things don't go exactly their way. Then it gets nasty. Then the mood shifts like a bi-polar spouse abuser. Then opposition players and officials are attacked, on the field of play, in their own homes and via press releases and commissoned pyschologists reports from that club.

I mean, seriously - we're supposed to be the violent underclass of scottish football - can anyone give an example of an opposition player or official ever having been physically attacked at Ibrox? I can think of 5 off the top of my head at Parkhead but I can't remember anyone being attacked at Ibrox (except Andy Cameron).

The idea that a support the size of celtc's doesn't contain a proportion of drunken neds is comical. It is fun watching them trying to more or less beatify their support, though, when the evidence points so emphatically the other way.

Dutch Police have arrested 44 people - 28 of them Scots - after violence flared in Amsterdam before Celtic's Champions League game against Ajax.

Six Celtic fans have been charged with being violent in public and are due to appear before a judge on Friday.

A further 12 have been freed after paying fines of up to 500 euros and 10 were freed without charge.

Dutch Police said eight officers were hurt after being attacked with bottles and sticks by Celtic fans.

Continue reading the main story

“Start Quote

There is no question that Celtic supporters have been subjected to a high degree of provocation”

Celtic Football Club statement

Some of the disorder was said by police to have been sparked by Dutch fans getting hold of a flag which Celtic supporters had been holding.

Celtic Football Club said it was aware that a number of individuals had been detained.

In a statement, the club added: "We are not clear if they have any formal association with the club, however, we will be liaising with the local authorities in Amsterdam, our own police and the British Consulate in order to fully understand events.

"We would stress that there is no excuse for any form of violent conduct.

"In addition, we have received numerous complaints from Celtic supporters in relation to their treatment in Amsterdam, which we will also investigate fully.

"There is no question that Celtic supporters have been subjected to a high degree of provocation."

The club added that the "overwhelming majority" of its supporters behaved impeccably.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-24850753

I don't suppose these comments come as a surprise to anyone ...

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9015407/lennon-defends-celtic-fans

Lennon defends Celtic fans

Last Updated: November 8 2013, 15:27 GMT

Neil Lennon was "not surprised" there was trouble in Amsterdam ahead of Celtic's Champions League game against Ajax on Wednesday night given the behaviour of the Dutch club's fans in Glasgow last month.

Neil Lennon: Celtic fans are best in the world

Eight police officers were injured in the violence in the city centre before the Hoops' 1-0 defeat at the Amsterdam ArenA with 44 people arrested, including 28 Scots.

Celtic responded on Thursday to claims from Hoops supporters that they were poorly treated by opening an internal investigation and claimed their supporters were subjected to "a high degree of provocation."

UEFA opened an investigation following the Group H fixture between the two clubs at Celtic Park last month after the visiting fans clashed with stewards and police during the game.

Ahead of the Scottish Premiership game against Ross County in Dingwall on Saturday, the Parkhead boss said: "I am disappointed but not surprised, looking at what happened at Celtic Park with the Ajax fans in terms of ripping up seats and throwing them at our supporters.

"If there are Celtic fans who have been out of order and there are members or season-ticket holders then the club will take appropriate action, obviously.

"If the club's reputation has been damaged in any way I am disappointed with that but Celtic fans, I think, are the best in the world."

"But I think there is a culture at Ajax. I think Man United fans and Man City fans had problems recently so I don't think it is exclusive to Celtic.

"I am not going to point the finger at them (at Celtic fans) because I don't know what the facts are but our fans are exemplary.

"I have been here 13 years and everywhere they go, they have been an absolute credit to the club. They make a lot of friends wherever they go.

"Again, I don't have the facts in front of me but I would say that if there was a reaction, there was immense provocation in the first place."\

It emerged on Friday that UEFA could take action against Ajax again following the brief display of an offensive banner before the game aimed at Celtic's Irish background.

While UEFA told Press Association Sport that there had been no disciplinary issues arising from the delegate's report on the match, a spokesman for Celtic said: "We have already been informed by UEFA's own security officer that he reported this matter together with photographic evidence.

"This is in addition to complaints submitted by Celtic supporters who are understandably deeply offended."

When the dust eventually settles down following the acrimony in Amsterdam, Celtic, bottom of the group with three points from four games, will host AC Milan later in the month knowing that defeat will end their hopes of reaching the last-16 of the competition for the second successive season.

Speaking at the club's Lennoxtown training ground as the Celtic Foundation announced that it has made a donation of £10,000 to Poppy Scotland, Lennon tried to put the Ajax defeat in perspective.

"It is still wide open in the group," said the Northern Irishman.

"We have to win the next game and put the pressure on the other two teams and see where it takes. We can't look any further than that and it is a big ask.

"But where the team has taken us in the last couple of years, we have come away from Ajax disappointed that we did not get anything from the game.

"The players have raised the bar, no one else and sometimes you have to temper that expectation.

"Sometimes I have to ask: 'Am I asking too much of them?'

"But they are talented and still have half a chance of qualifying."

Lennon complained about having to play a lunchtime kick-off in the Highlands so soon after returning from Holland.

"I am really not happy about the timing of the game," he said.

"I have had no time at all to work with the players. We came back from Amsterdam in the early hours of Thursday morning, we are in today but there is no chance of any players who played, doing any training.

"Now we have a three-hour bus ride for a lunchtime kick-off.

"The timing is ridiculous and then I have players away in international duty for two weeks after that.

"I know the SPFL have nothing to do with internationals but I feel sorry for our supporters, some of them who may have been in Amsterdam now having to go to Dingwall on Saturday morning and I feel sorry for the players.

"It is an entertainment business and it is going to be very difficult for them to play at their very best. So I may have to look to freshen things up tomorrow."

Meanwhile, six Scots are to stand trial in Amsterdam after they were arrested following clashes between fans and police before Wednesday's game.

They will remain in custody until November 21, when they will be brought back before a judge.

Twenty eight Scots were among 44 people arrested following the clashes on Wednesday which left eight Dutch police officers injured.

Dutch police said 22 of the Scots were released with fines of up to 500 euros (£417).

One officer was knocked unconscious in the fighting in Dam Square while others suffered broken noses.

Police said the majority of those arrested were Celtic supporters.

The incident came after clashes during Ajax's trip to Glasgow a fortnight ago, while it was also reported around 50 supporters were in the Old Sailor Cafe in Amsterdam when they were attacked by a group of masked men on Tuesday night.

UEFA opened disciplinary proceedings against Ajax last month after the clashes with police and stewards at Parkhead during the initial fixture, which the home side won 2-1.

A disciplinary case is to be heard on November 21.