I thought the protests during the match at 18 minutes (didnt even notice the 72nd minute one) were really poor. From the Copland Rear I couldn't make out what they were shouting or what was on their A4 bits of paper. The banners at the start as well were not legible. I would be surprised if anyone further than the closest section of the West Enclosure would have been able to read it. It was by far the poorest to date.

I support the notion of getting Stockbridge and Irvine out of our club 100%, but this campaign is simply not (for reasons I dont know) working for the majority of match-going fans. I have for a few years now believed that if the team is winning on the park, the majority of our fans couldnt care less if we were run by Neil Lennon and the Pope.

I thought the protests during the match at 18 minutes (didnt even notice the 72nd minute one) were really poor. From the Copland Rear I couldn't make out what they were shouting or what was on their A4 bits of paper. The banners at the start as well were not legible. I would be surprised if anyone further than the closest section of the West Enclosure would have been able to read it. It was by far the poorest to date.

I support the notion of getting Stockbridge and Irvine out of our club 100%, but this campaign is simply not (for reasons I dont know) working for the majority of match-going fans. I have for a few years now believed that if the team is winning on the park, the majority of our fans couldnt care less if we were run by Neil Lennon and the Pope.

Your last sentence says it all - apathy reigns.

The protest wasn't great and I think the A4 messages were more for the benefit of the photographers than the rest of the stadium but your point about the overall quality is a fair one. SoS and their backers need to reconsider what they're trying to achieve.

As always, the fans will remain relatively powerless as the high heid yins retain the important votes/holdings.

All these people who want stockbridge and irvine out but what are you doing about it. Other than bitching about the quality of what those who are doing something about its work.

If stockbridge and irvine remain it wont be sos to blame......

I didn't read it as bitching, more like assessment and feedback on the effectiveness. Hopefully they'll take the criticism on board rather than dismissing it as bitchiness. It sounds like the protests need to be a bit more cohesive and clear to have a bigger impact.

All these people who want stockbridge and irvine out but what are you doing about it. Other than bitching about the quality of what those who are doing something about its work.

If stockbridge and irvine remain it wont be sos to blame......

And this kind of proves my point about it isnt the message that causes the issue, but the way it is presented, just as your post here is, all attack and blame.

Make all the excuses you want for doing nothing but its the club that suffers.

I will be doing the biggest thing I can, and that is using my vote at the AGM to vote off who I don't think is worthy to be on the board with the facts I have been provided, and not because someone is telling me what to do.

Well Ive got my tin hat on so please feel free to append your comments tot he foregoing....

I have to say Im surprised by the reaction in some quarters as a consequence of the Sons Of Struth's change of focus. Their streamlining of the object of their protest to Brian Stockbridge and Jack Irvine seemed to me, to reflect the feelings of most fans, as neither Stockbridge or Irvine were ever likely to be on many bears Christmas Card list.

I checked with the Sons of Struth this morning via twitter and they confirmed the target of their boycott is Brian Stockbridge and Jack irvine. Furthermore it is a boycott of club merchandise not matches.

Many of us who may not have been convinced that entire boards needed replacing should be much more comfortable with the targets now in the crosshairs.

I dont think Brian Stockbridge can escape criticism - why the hell does a financial director feel he is justified a 300K bonus for sporting achievements on the park ? Our financial performance in the last few months has been utterly diabolical - thats what an FD should be judged on - not sporting achievement on the park.

The removal of Jack Irvine from our club should be a source of complete unity amongst our support.

The word “boycott” of course does not sit easily with many in our support. But as I wrote recently in WATP magazine the new age of militancy amongst our support has been born and there is no turning back the clock. A support who are both disempowered and disenfranchised from the decision making processes have no other option to influence the moneymen than to withhold our custom in order for them to sit up and take notice.

I accept militancy is not pretty, in fact it is pretty downright ugly, but its certainly far more ascetically pleasing than apathy. The sooner we have effective fans representation on the board the better.

I would think the Board would be happy enough with that result D'Art, Stockbridge out and Irvine riding into the distance with a nice bonus in his pocket.

Whether it would bring peace would depend on the defeated.

I should have said, the problem I see with only Stockbridge leaving, will the deals and contracts that have been done come under enough scrutiny?

Edited by chilledbear