Hildy, I agree with the vast majority of your post; we love to see Rangers win, whatever division we're playing in, but the reality is that there are two things remaining in this season that are of real interest:

1)- can we go through the whole league season, winning every game and therefore create a world record for the most league games, in a season, won.

2)- can we go all the way in SC.

Other than that it is not competition for us, but not quite inedible.

Supposing we win every game - are we seriously going to boast about a club with our resources beating a collection of non-entities and no-marks?

The fact that we are clinging to this shows how far we have fallen. The top division in Scotland is now widely recognised as a shadow of what it used to be. Scottish teams can't even be trusted to get past the preliminary rounds in Europe, and yet here we are in the 3rd division thinking that bullying minnows into defeat is something worth shouting about. This is embarrassing. It might be an achievement for a Gretna-sized club, but it's not something that a club of our stature should be crowing about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how anyone could miss playing against teams, people and for a league that is ran by people who made us a doormat. If the circumstances was different and we dropped to the bottom tier on our own accord and had had support of some chairmen and those (attempting) to run the game then yes missing the top flight action may have been felt.

Supposing we win every game - are we seriously going to boast about a club with our resources beating a collection of non-entities and no-marks?

These "non-entities and no-marks" are the only reason your football team is playing at all. Your arrogance and lack of any form of self awareness is an exemplar of why we are, to quote you, "despised" by many within the game.

I mean, I don't really mind too much when you announce your presence on the forum by calling opposing beliefs and arguements "nonsense" and "drivel". it's not generally Gersnet style to be quite so obnoxious from the get-go - but, hey, it's no hanging matter, just evidence of an under-developed style of discourse;.

But, seriously, how fucking dare you call those people and those clubs who threw us a lifeline when we were drowning "non-entities and no-marks"? And in case it has escaped your attention, our club has no stature or standing at all; our club is a national laughing stock. The only part of Rangers which has emerged from this farce with any credibility is the fan base, who have stood by their club in a manner never before seen anywhere on this planet.

The point, which you miss in your Janefield St genuflection and homage to the greatness and attraction of Celtic, is that while our support, with the obvious exception of yourself, is getting on with (and if you read d'Artagnan's post, actually enjoying) the days out to far flung places, the Celtic support, in our absence, is imploding. It's eating itself alive with the vitriol and hatred which they used to use to unite against us. They can't handle life without us. Without us their demons are coming out of the closet and their jolly craicster mask is sliding off both their faces.

We, on the other hand, are getting on fine without them. We proved it last season, we're proving it this season and we'll prove it next and the season after that.

PapaBear, resorting to swearing does you no favours, indeed it discredits the forum.

You imply that Gersnet has standards and then kick them into touch when it suits you.

Most of the other contributors seem to be able to articulate an argument without dropping standards.

I suggest that you follow their example.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

PapaBear, resorting to swearing does you no favours, indeed it discredits the forum.

You imply that Gersnet has standards and then kick them into touch when it suits you.

Most of the other contributors seem to be able to articulate an argument without dropping standards.

I suggest that you follow their example.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You sure you're ready for this place Hildy? I mean, what happens when somebody dismantles your arguemnt without swearing? How will you avoid dealing with the substantive points then?

Oh, and by the way, we don't need to know that you're sending messages via Tapatalk or the hardware you're using to send them.

You sure you're ready for this place Hildy? I mean, what happens when somebody dismantles your arguemnt without swearing? How will you avoid dealing with the substantive points then?

Oh, and by the way, we don't need to know that you're sending messages via Tapatalk or the hardware you're using to send them.

Just to please you, I've disabled the signature. You have to allow me time to get used to the technical aspect of the forum.

As for dismantling arguments, swearing and inappropriate language rarely succeeds in doing that.

The English language is beautiful. Use it and enjoy it - and give yourself the credibility that a new poster like me expects from an old hand like you.

You'll not see bad language from my pen. I respectfully suggest that you follow my example.

In any competition, it's important to have more than one genuine competitor or else it becomes a farce. Our division and the top division were decided before the first kick. This isn't watchable sport. There is no uncertainty - only monotony.

Perfectly true. But who is to blame for that? It's not Rangers. Unless your recipe is a magic ticket to the top league tomorrow, it won't change anytime soon either. I would love us to stuff Celtic and Aberdeen and Dundee United as much as the next Bear. The fact is that it ain't going to happen soon. And if last year's abject performance at Tannadice is anything to go by we have a bit further on the road to travel before I'd would want to meet any of them again. Another 12-18 months for the team to gel and develop, and hopefully the boardroom shenanigans behind us. Then lets give Celtic and all the rest what's coming to them. What do they say about revenge being a dish served cold? I'm prepared to wait.

Just to please you, I've disabled the signature. You have to allow me time to get used to the technical aspect of the forum.

As for dismantling arguments, swearing and inappropriate language rarely succeeds in doing that.

The English language is beautiful. Use it and enjoy it - and give yourself the credibility that a new poster like me expects from an old hand like you.

You'll not see bad language from my pen. I respectfully suggest that you follow my example.

C'mon, swearing is entirely appropriate sometimes and is a useful and necessary part of the 'beautiful English language.' I'm far more offended by ill-informed, misconceived or plain wrong opinions than by good ones that contain 'swear words'. There's a huge difference between swearing at someone and swearing to underline a point.

We're not 10 year olds, if you don't want to swear don't, but don't tell the rest of we can't either.

This totally smacks of the worst of the glory hunting mentality. It is highly disrespectful of other clubs in our country who have loving fans that turn up to games even though there is not much chance of glory, just survival in the lower leagues. Then we come along and have people who can't even stomach a diet of winning game after game and have the arrogance to call the opposition "non-entities" and "no-marks".

Just what kind of entities are we, people who chose the very easy route and just happened to pick the best team in the country to support? I think to have any class about choosing to support a top team, you have to show respect to those who choose a more difficult, noble and humble path.

No wonder we were hated and now that we have a chance to make new friends we have people who can't stop alienating everyone with their spoiled brat attitude.

The fact that we are clinging to this shows how far we have fallen. The top division in Scotland is now widely recognised as a shadow of what it used to be. Scottish teams can't even be trusted to get past the preliminary rounds in Europe, and yet here we are in the 3rd division thinking that bullying minnows into defeat is something worth shouting about.

I think you need a reality check. No matter the why's and wherefores and whether we deserve it, we are where we are and can't change that. To be maudlin and miserable about it while we stare a challenge in the face and deal with it in such a fashion is a totally pathetic. Real fans are here for the football, you play who is put before you and you celebrate the wins. Really, what else is it about without going into some weirdo fantasy that we can wish ourselves back to the top of the European game?

This is embarrassing. It might be an achievement for a Gretna-sized club, but it's not something that a club of our stature should be crowing about.

What do you want us to do? Wear sacks and whip ourselves after every win? Some people are so busy missing a fantasy that they can't be thankful and enjoy the easy and plentiful life they have.