Possibly not to us, but to them? In the cold light of (a business) day, we are a third tier Scottish team. If all worked well enough, we might actually get a better deal now.

We are but we will still sell the same shirts at the same price to the same fans!

Sadly Steve has just shown us the deal is for 5 years. Surely it cannot be a fixed contract given that in 3 years time we will once again be a Champions League team!

Is McMurdo telling us here?

The Rangers board will be bolstered with the news that a major plank of the Requisitioner campaign – the Rangers Supporters Trust – has serious problems of its own to deal with.

With allegations of hacked emails and possible FCA involvement, along with several Trust members resigning in protest at what is going on, my understanding is that the very future of the RST could be at stake.

There are some good people and bluenoses in the RST but it is becoming increasingly obvious that these folks have been badly let down by certain leaders, particularly in the very public backing of the Requisitioner bid.

I know that some RST members who back the board are horrified that this leadership has brought the RST to a place where its members are deemed rebels and, should the board carry the day at the AGM, it is a foregone conclusion that the fan group will be given pariah status by the club. RST members joined the organisation to help bring about change, not to become an outlaw band.

How ironic that an organisation which has been so critical of the Rangers board in terms of accountability and transparency now finds itself mired in controversy over similar issues.

We are but we will still sell the same shirts at the same price to the same fans!

Sadly Steve has just shown us the deal is for 5 years. Surely it cannot be a fixed contract given that in 3 years time we will once again be a Champions League team!

I love your optimism! I need a shot of that positive thinking

Sounds like you're making increasingly weak excuses for the RST and DIngwall. It also seems clear you're happy for wholly unfounded allegations against other parties to remain uncontested on your site; you even denied the existence of these allegations.

I think you need to rein it in. You're making multiple allegations of your own here and none of them have any solid foundations.

I'll stop seeking the truth around the same time people stop lying to my face.

Everyone is interested in the truth, so in the interests of transparency, what's your username/s on other Rangers forums? Are you willing to tell us that? I'll happily do likewise.

McMurdo, as usual, is full of the smelly brown stuff. The RST has tried hard to see both sides of the story and has asked for - and got - meetings with both the Requisitioners and the Club. Unlike certain other groups, minutes of these meetings have been published promptly. The stance of the RST with regard to the requisitioners is reflected by the voting of its members on the RST site. In addition, the RST has worked closely with other groups such as the Assembly and the Association.

McMurdo's diatribe smacks of a divide and rule tactic. Clearly the tactic now is to paint the RST as the bogeyman even though neither McMurdo not anyone else has been able to come out with any hard facts. No doubt it will go down well in some circles but it does Rangers and the Rangers support a gross disservice.

It is a source of sadness that some Rangers fans seem to delight in sticking the knife into other Rangers fans. One might think that we already had enough enemies without also turning on our own.