I would let it go Bearger - I dont think you are doing anyone any favours with such accusations.

What accusations? The RST did not give a loan out to MD that is a fact.

That I think MR Harris comes over as bitter? Ok,that is my opinion.

Whether or not MD has done anything wrong is getting kind of irrelevant. If the RST and it's aims are bigger than one man then he should step aside or take a back seat or whatever.

People have said they wouldn't vote for the like of PM at the AGM because although they have no real problem with him personally they are divisive characters and must be "sacrificed" for the good of the club.

Seems the RST would gain more credibility and support if he wasn't a leading figure head. Might be unfair, but his very presence appears to harm the RST. And ths latest incident (even if it is BS) is not the first time this has been highlighted.

The RST di not "loan" MD any money and you know it. You are playing with words here, you come across as very bitter IMO.

I did not use the word "loan". As I sad, that is the description which was accorded the bounced cheques by the auditors; but for clarification if you buy something (in this case dinner tickets) and pay for it with a cheque that bounces, then effectively you have taken a loan of the cost from the organisation concerned. In this case it was a loan that contravened the rules of the Trust. Others might use different words to describe that type of action.

I added that comment only to clarify what the auditors said at the time.

I can assure you that I long ago ceased to have any bitterness towards the Trust.

I have made it clear that I only responded to this thread because Zappa suggested that I might have been responsible for the current story and the theme was taken up by some others. Zappa has since apologised publicly, which I accept. There is nothing more that I can usefully add.

The board of the RST would like to inform you that we are currently dealing with an internal matter that has unfortunately entered the public domain. We assure you that we are still working in the best interest of our membership and will inform you of any decisions taken once due process has been followed. The board members involved voluntarily removed themselves from Trust duties until this situation is resolved.

We would also like to assure you that the Trust board remains focussed and committed to our goals. We hope to announce the results of our AGM poll in the coming days.

What accusations? The RST did not give a loan out to MD that is a fact.

That I think MR Harris comes over as bitter? Ok,that is my opinion.

The RST did handle the matter extremely badly and the failure to allow the issue to be discussed at the appropriate part of the meeting lost them credibility in my eyes.

The board of the RST would like to inform you that we are currently dealing with an internal matter that has unfortunately entered the public domain. We assure you that we are still working in the best interest of our membership and will inform you of any decisions taken once due process has been followed. The board members involved voluntarily removed themselves from Trust duties until this situation is resolved.

So has Mark Dingwall stood down from the board, even if on a temporary basis?

Funny how the Gersnet was accused yesterday of pushing an agenda and today we have been reprimanded for allowing certain people to voice an opinion. The Gersnet is open to all discussion as long as we respect each other. The fact nobody has been censored is the strength of the Gersnet. You may not always like what you read but hey, you can read differing arguments.