I have always supported the aims of the Trust which is why I joined in the first place; I just disagreed with much of the modus operandi.

Fair enough - thanks for answering so clearly and calmly.

I too support the aims, I have no idea re all the "back history" that agitates everyone so. I have read your comments here (and the retorts on FF) and indeed, remember similar posts from "both sides" in the past. I do not presume to - nor have any way of - judging what really happened. The accounts are so diverse, well, downright contradictory that I haven't a clue what really happened. My only choice is not to believe any of it until I know better, if I ever do. So please rest assured that goes for the comments spouted against you personally in both times this has "erupted" across the forums since I joined.

No-one has treated me badly (well I have been banned form FF twice, once for disagreeing with Leggo and once for "being a tim" - but that's par for the course, I think!)so I do tend to get defensive when anyone is attacked, but I am the same about that on "either side" (sorry if the terminology is wrong)

I only know Mark Dingwall to a small degree: he published an article I wrote on Luca Gasparatto and he helped me out with tickets for the pre-Sheffield "bash". other than that, I have talked with him at length twice and all he talked about was a) to vainly badger me into writing anther article b) to ask how I was doing and c) 95% of the conversations Rangers Rangers Rangers and how iIcould/should help the club. Nothing else. So, I can only take people as I find them and I found him as nothing more than a Rangers fan working for the betterment of the club and his fanzine. Being an ex fanzine editor (not football) I could relate to the last part.

I am not saying this to say I am right and you are wring, just giving background as to why I am being defensive of the RST in general and him n particular. I fully accept my interactions have been minimal but they are all I have to go on. It is clear that the split in the past was volcanic and has left long lasting wounds - bitterness and hatred are all too evident in posts about the people and incidents.

I am sorry for everyone on the end of these, including yourself of course.

Bears together is my naive dream!

Fair enough - thanks for answering so clearly and calmly.

I too support the aims, I have no idea re all the "back history" that agitates everyone so. I have read your comments here (and the retorts on FF) and indeed, remember similar posts from "both sides" in the past. I do not presume to - nor have any way of - judging what really happened. The accounts are so diverse, well, downright contradictory that I haven't a clue what really happened. My only choice is not to believe any of it until I know better, if I ever do. So please rest assured that goes for the comments spouted against you personally in both times this has "erupted" across the forums since I joined.

No-one has treated me badly (well I have been banned form FF twice, once for disagreeing with Leggo and once for "being a tim" - but that's par for the course, I think!)so I do tend to get defensive when anyone is attacked, but I am the same about that on "either side" (sorry if the terminology is wrong)

I only know Mark Dingwall to a small degree: he published an article I wrote on Luca Gasparatto and he helped me out with tickets for the pre-Sheffield "bash". other than that, I have talked with him at length twice and all he talked about was a) to vainly badger me into writing anther article b) to ask how I was doing and c) 95% of the conversations Rangers Rangers Rangers and how iIcould/should help the club. Nothing else. So, I can only take people as I find them and I found him as nothing more than a Rangers fan working for the betterment of the club and his fanzine. Being an ex fanzine editor (not football) I could relate to the last part.

I am not saying this to say I am right and you are wring, just giving background as to why I am being defensive of the RST in general and him n particular. I fully accept my interactions have been minimal but they are all I have to go on. It is clear that the split in the past was volcanic and has left long lasting wounds - bitterness and hatred are all too evident in posts about the people and incidents.

I am sorry for everyone on the end of these, including yourself of course.

Bears together is my naive dream!

I appreciate your comments and would not attempt to influence your judgement based on your own experience; though you may want to take into account the comments of others whose opinion you respect.

We do share the "status" of having been banned from FF; in my case I am not sure about the nature of my "crime" as it was before my time on the Board of RST. I think it was just for expressing an anti-establishment opinion, which I often do. Mr Dingwall did offer to reinstate me when I was on the Board, an offer I politely declined.

Regrettably, the different factions appear more opposed than ever.

I have suggested that a membership scheme would be one way of bringing fans together or at least expressing a collective, authoritative opinion. But that doesn't appear to be happening any time soon. If you were the current board (and I stress I am not picking sides here) where would you go to get the fans opinion: the Assembly, the RSA, the Trust, FF, Gersnet, Rangers Media etc, shareholders, some combination of the foregoing? None individually or collectively represent anything more than a minority of fans who go along on a Saturday. The nearest you might get is the season ticket holders (and who would represent them?) but even then you would be excluding a lot of people.

"an internal matter that has unfortunately entered the public domain" (RST statement) as well as the names of the board members who have stepped down or been asked to step down temporarily or otherwise.

(See edit to previous post.)

As you clearly have no idea what this internal matter is, you are speculating for the sake of it. A remarkably futile endeavour.

But there you are. We don't know what the issues are. Not much point in getting all worked up about something we don't actually know about is there?

We have not had it confirmed as to what they are, but there are rumours floating around in cyber-space, that if true, could have serious implications.

Given the leaks to the media, it could be that the story floating around could have some basis of truth. :(

The matter under investigation and the reasons why board members have stepped down or been asked to step down temporarily or permanently.

Given its high profile, I would have thought that these are matters of concern to the wider Rangers community.

Being a bit pedantic, it's not high profile.

I remember other cases in the past of individuals of fan organisations of football teams indulging in embezzlement and other criminal activity, which weren't high profile at all.

This RST thing is high profile because it's been proactively driven to be high profile by certain people with agendas, including briefing the press and carrying out an agitprop campaign on the forums.

It has been - and still is being - used politically by various interests for disparate purposes, none in my mind for the immediate benefit of our Club.

Being a bit pedantic, it's not high profile.

I remember other cases in the past of individuals of fan organisations of football teams indulging in embezzlement and other criminal activity, which weren't high profile at all.

This RST thing is high profile because it's been proactively driven to be high profile by certain people with agendas, including briefing the press and carrying out an agitprop campaign on the forums.

It has been - and still is being - used politically by various interests for disparate purposes, none in my mind for the immediate benefit of our Club.

To clarify - I meant that the RST is high profile, not the current issue, whatever it might be.