People leaving at half-time says more about them than the manager.

C'mon Pete - surely to God if you are being served up tripe in any walk of life, that you pay good money for, you are entitled to walk out without it "saying something about you". I've walked out on movies and restaurants before because it was dross, but I still feel unless you do it won't get better. Why do you think we ended up with the (much forgotten) David Holmes and the Souness revolution? Because the only people left at Ibrox were idiots like me who got some masochistic kick out of still going while it was too painful to bare.

Just read the following by the Stranraer chairman: "The wage bill is the actual killer at the moment - it's about £250,000 each year."

They are probably the poorest club in our division and our wage bill is reputed to be between 5 and 6 million. Taking the higher amount then that's a worst case scenerio of a factor of 24 difference. So where does the repeated argument come from that the factor is ONE HUNDRED against ALL the sides in the league?

There is another misrepresentation that was repeated in the Scotsman today that in order to bring the wage bill down to the acceptable 50% of turnover level, we have to reduce it to £5m? How does that work with a turnover of 19.1m?

you can't compare Stranraer's wage bill directly to ours....it's comparing apples & oranges in the same bowl...

A more accurate comparison is the % to turnover. Are we not still turning over about £20m per year???

The fact is RANGERS ARE NOT A 3rd TIER CLUB.....they are a European well respected & renowned team, currently working their way up through the league structure due to adverse business practises.

It seems to me that Rangers are an anomaly - proportion of income doesn't seem to work for us. The running of the 50k stadium filled with 43-45k of fans and our training ground would cost a similar amount whether the club is in the first or third or fourth tier. However, our income is massively reduced with ticket prices at about 55-60% of top tier prices, tv money almost non-existent despite being having the largest viewing figures, and sponsorship also incredibly low as well the board failing abysmally at bringing in other income.

I feel that if we were run better, we should perhaps be currently bringing in about 23m and breaking even with about £6m on the players wage bill. After promotion to the top tier our income should balloon to at least £38m before Europe is a factor mostly due to ticket price increases, TV money and increased sponsorship.

That would give us an extra 15m to spend without a significant increase in running costs. Increasing the wage bill to £19m or 50% of turnover shouldn't be much of a problem. That would still leave us way below Celtic reputedly at around 33m but they are benefiting from Europe and the unpredictable large transfer fees to pay for that.

We would then have to grow the income from there and gain money from Europe to be able to increase our income and therefore our budget for wages to compete.

It's all fag packet stuff but I think there's some realistic figures in there.

The point is that proportion of income for wages isn't a great metric when it comes to us as there are too many reasonably fixed costs and I'm hoping we don't plan to make a profit and pay a dividend.

We have to be realistic, if this had been any other manager would we be so forgiving? we could be more forgiving if Ally's managerial career had started last season but he had form before that and it was a bit shaky.

We haven't been tested, Ally's final test will be next season and I hope he has learned enough to pass with honors.

We have to be realistic, if this had been any other manager would we be so forgiving? we could be more forgiving if Ally's managerial career had started last season but he had form before that and it was a bit shaky.

We haven't been tested, Ally's final test will be next season and I hope he has learned enough to pass with honors.

Not sure I want him there next season. Possibly time for a change in the summer