Scott Gallacher is back at Rangers, how long was the contract given to Simonsen?

How good are we at throwing money around.

Only the start of January, nothing to suggest that Gallagher wont go back out on loan by the end of the month.

A QoS budget would still be the highest in the bottom 2 tiers, is that not enough for a manager of Allys calibre to gain promotion?

The answer is that we don't know. Not all second tier teams bounce back up from the third tier. Dunfermline are really a top tier side, well above QotS and so would the latter have been able to win the championship with them in it? I'd say the answer is maybe but I wouldn't put a lot of money on it happening - to go that way would be very risky. Also Dunfermline have much more money than the rest of the league but are only 5 points ahead having played a game more to Stranraar. Would you really be happy in their position knowing we've cut say four million off the wage bill?

We don't even need to go that low, we just clearly didn't need to go this high, that is the problem.

I really don't get the premise where our wage bill is considered high. 25% of turnover is incredibly low and in this type of industry, to attract big crowds, you have to put a reasonable amount into the quality on display. If we need to make cuts, I think it should be elsewhere while building our income which is shockingly low outside the tickets. German clubs bring in £200m from commercial income - what are they doing that we aren't?

Thing is that on one hand we have fans that expect Rangers to win almost every game convincingly and then the same people complain we're spending too much when we do just that. I think cutting the budget to 1m would be risky for promotion and turn many fans away - or at least do a real revolt against the board. It would have been suicidal for the board to spend more money on themselves than the team. I believe you are in the tiny minority that would find that acceptable.

Why does Ally need to spend 100 or 1000 times that of his opponents to beat them? What does that tell us? We certainly won't be able to do that in the top tier.

There is no evidence that Ally "needs" that level of spending, however it is an appropriate level and guarantees us the promotion we need. It doesn't tell us anything about how we will fair in the top tier although we will at least have some players capable of player there instead of having to bring in a whole new squad. We will be able to afford a larger budget in the top tier.

I would much rather have seen our kids giving their all

I really don't believe you. There has been too much criticism of the kids last season by the same people who ask for it. Maybe you need to attend some under 21 games and see if you enjoy it.

than the likes of Sandaza, Kyle, Black, Foster, Faure, Cribari, Smith, Daly and the like lumbering about the park. They are turning me off, i wanted to buy into watching our future stars shaping our clubs future.

That just doesn't happen. There is not one good example of this happening. As has been said, a team of kids is the same as the U21 team with the exact same development opportunities - if you are right then most of that team will automatically be playing in the first team within a few seasons. To get your wish, you only need to attend the youth games.

I just can't get excited about this team or where we are going. I have a horrible feeling about our future when it should be the most exciting time to be part of the Rangers story.

Then you should have been excited about last season but I get the impression you don't really know what you want. This is real life, not a fairy tale and unicorns don't exist.

Being excited is but a state of mind. There are plenty of other clubs that are able to be closer to what you say you are looking for, but none have a significant fraction of the success of Rangers. We're just not that sort of club.

You can't just get rid of players who have contracts - they will want pay offs and why would any of them leave for less than what they would be paid over the rest of their contract?

You can if you find a buyer - we just need to advertise correctly i.e.:

Emílson Sánchez Cribari - Experienced Brazilian centre half, played in Serie A for over ten years, past clubs include: Lazio, Napoli and Udinese.

Steve Simonsen - Veteran goalkeeper with top flight experience, you say jump - he'll ask how high!

Dean Shiels - International creative midfielder, special skills include: long range shooting and the ability to beat a man.

Kyle Hutton - Apparently played well against Man United... nuff said.

Steven Smith - Looking for someone to hand out the oranges at half time? Stevies your man!

The answer is that we don't know. Not all second tier teams bounce back up from the third tier. Dunfermline are really a top tier side, well above QotS and so would the latter have been able to win the championship with them in it? I'd say the answer is maybe but I wouldn't put a lot of money on it happening - to go that way would be very risky. Also Dunfermline have much more money than the rest of the league but are only 5 points ahead having played a game more to Stranraar. Would you really be happy in their position knowing we've cut say four million off the wage bill?

I really don't get the premise where our wage bill is considered high. 25% of turnover is incredibly low and in this type of industry, to attract big crowds, you have to put a reasonable amount into the quality on display. If we need to make cuts, I think it should be elsewhere while building our income which is shockingly low outside the tickets. German clubs bring in £200m from commercial income - what are they doing that we aren't?

Thing is that on one hand we have fans that expect Rangers to win almost every game convincingly and then the same people complain we're spending too much when we do just that. I think cutting the budget to 1m would be risky for promotion and turn many fans away - or at least do a real revolt against the board. It would have been suicidal for the board to spend more money on themselves than the team. I believe you are in the tiny minority that would find that acceptable.

There is no evidence that Ally "needs" that level of spending, however it is an appropriate level and guarantees us the promotion we need. It doesn't tell us anything about how we will fair in the top tier although we will at least have some players capable of player there instead of having to bring in a whole new squad. We will be able to afford a larger budget in the top tier.

I really don't believe you. There has been too much criticism of the kids last season by the same people who ask for it. Maybe you need to attend some under 21 games and see if you enjoy it.

That just doesn't happen. There is not one good example of this happening. As has been said, a team of kids is the same as the U21 team with the exact same development opportunities - if you are right then most of that team will automatically be playing in the first team within a few seasons. To get your wish, you only need to attend the youth games.

Then you should have been excited about last season but I get the impression you don't really know what you want. This is real life, not a fairy tale and unicorns don't exist.

Being excited is but a state of mind. There are plenty of other clubs that are able to be closer to what you say you are looking for, but none have a significant fraction of the success of Rangers. We're just not that sort of club.

Dunfermline are not a top tier side. Jim Jefferies is their manager too, not a manager i would buy into or believe in. No surprise they are only 5 in front of the rest.

Have to agree about our income being poor. We could do so much better there.

There are no guarantees in football. I believe we only have two players in our entire squad capable of challenging Celtic for the top tier title. Only 2. Meaning we will need a whole new squad as Ally himself stated last year.

You don't know me so it's unfair to say you don't believe me. Where was the criticism of kids? MacLeod and Aird have earned rave reviews. Fans were clamouring for McKay to get a game this year. We haven't really seen anything of anyone else.

That is what i wanted. To see a core of our kids coming through, given a chance. I hear you about not having one good example but our situation is rather unprecedented is it not? We had a chance to do something special.

Why should i have been excited about last year? Again, you don't know me so please don't made silly assumptions. I know exactly what i want and i know Ally can never give me it.

We can't even get that part right. We have been starved of success since Walter left. 1 cup in 3 years from a possible 10 so far and even that was a gimme.