Get rid of:

Cribari, Shiels, Hegarty, Perry, Mitchell, Simonsen, Hutton, Smith - straight away...

And how exactly would you do that, no doubt Mr Wallace will be pleased to have your advice.

If you were one of those you have listed would you leave now for a penny less than what you are due under your contract, I very much doubt it. And if you were a club who might be interested would you pay Rangers a fee for any of these players, I very much doubt it. The only possibility that I can see is that a club who are short in one of the positions MIGHT offer to pay part of a particular player's wages; but that's about as much as I think we can hope for right now.

For example Smith is allegedly on £1,000 a week (and £500 if he plays) for "handing out the oranges at half time"; nice work if you can get it.

Ally's remit is to get us back into the top division and to do it at the first time of asking which is why he has put together a team capable of doing exactly that.

It really is that simple, we need to be back in the top flight with the opportunity of European football asap and the team that is currently in place should ensure this happens.

Sure, at the end of this season and partly through next we need to be in a position financially to be signing players and building a team that will be able to compete at the top level in this country.

I do however firmly believe that once Ally has achieved winning the championship he will walk away.

And I suspect Ally would say he has a greater chance of getting back to the top division ASAP with experienced pros than a bunch of untried kids

A QoS budget would still be the highest in the bottom 2 tiers, [/b]

Agreed. And as for QotS. They had a striker who hit 40+ goals in this league this season, we sign him and he hasn't hit a quarter of that. Whats that thing about giving Rangers a new player and they will ruin him? Im starting to believe that.

Agreed. And as for QotS. They had a striker who hit 40+ goals in this league this season, we sign him and he hasn't hit a quarter of that. Whats that thing about giving Rangers a new player and they will ruin him? Im starting to believe that.

So you think Clark is not playing well?

So you think Clark is not playing well?

By the sounds of it he isn't being let loose to do what he does best and to bring the best out of him. Not a dig at Clark in any sense, more a case of bad tactics not bringing the best out of players.

When he signed the comments were 'if he can score 40 for QotS then how many will he get for Rangers'

Edited by Gribz

By the sounds of it he isn't being let loose to do what he does best and to bring the best out of him. Not a dig at Clark in any sense, more a case of bad tactics bringing the best out of players.

When he signed the comments were 'if he can score 40 for QotS then how many will he get for Rangers'

He is playing well though, he is working hard and is all over the place!, maybe he is trying too hard?,what I have seen of him so far he is doing well and you can never underestimate getting used to the demands of playing for Rangers!. Give the guy some time, I'm sure he will prove to be a good signing.

Easier to score 40 odd goals for QOTS than it is for Rangers

It's not that McCoist hit 30s or 40s when he signed up for us, did he? Granted, he did not score 41 for St. Johnstone or Sunderland, but I wouldn't put it down to our management et al that Clark's not in the 20s thus far. Mind you, until Little's injury he was in and out of the side. Furthermore, as we have seen these last year or so, teams raise their game considerably when playing Rangers, so he will have to adapt to that too. IMHO, he's playing well enough.

It's not that McCoist hit 30s or 40s when he signed up for us, did he? Granted, he did not score 41 for St. Johnstone or Sunderland, but I wouldn't put it down to our management et al that Clark's not in the 20s thus far. Mind you, until Little's injury he was in and out of the side. Furthermore, as we have seen these last year or so, teams raise their game considerably when playing Rangers, so he will have to adapt to that too. IMHO, he's playing well enough.

I have to admit I have not seen anything this season that makes me think he can reproduce the form of last season.