My earlier post about the the same people as usual and how they all had history together alludes to this. It may be that it will need an outsider to take it forward, but as Andy posts .........WHO?

There are no outsiders when it comes to the fans because person A will always be associated to person B.

Only way you get round that automatic suspicion is via genuine (and credible) neutrals and/or having people involved from every possible background and/or it coming directly from club. I'm not sure which of these options, if any, are feasible.

Aren't they trying to do this which is why everyone has been invited to next week's meeting?

Not when it's an RST initiative and it's going ahead without RST board approval. The approach is all wrong IMO and potentially harmful. Time will tell though.

Not when it's an RST initiative and it's going ahead without RST board approval. The approach is all wrong IMO and potentially harmful. Time will tell though.

Clearly, we're not in the loop when it comes to what exactly has happened here but I'd agree the method looks somewhat counter-productive. I'd hope the reasons for this are explained in full next week as I can understand the frustrations some have over this strategy.

I think TWWC has also suggested RST board members will be attending the meeting and none are against the new scheme on balance though?

I can assure you I dont mean to offend anyone nor do I wish to turn this into a RST bashing exercise.

But could perhaps the somewhat negative image of the RST and in particular its leadership, convinced those who wish to see fan ownership become a reality for our club - that to bring this idea to fruition they need to chose a different model from the RST ?

I can assure you I dont mean to offend anyone nor do I wish to turn this into a RST bashing exercise.

But could perhaps the somewhat negative image of the RST and in particular its leadership' date=' convinced those who wish to see fan ownership become a reality for our club - that to bring this idea to fruition they need to chose a different model from the RST ?[/quote']

That's not the reason given by TWWC but I can see why some may think that could be their way of thinking.

Obviously there will be various rumours about this so next week's meeting should see the matter put to rest with all interim trustees in attendance.

That's not the reason given by TWWC but I can see why some may think that could be their way of thinking.

Obviously there will be various rumours about this so next week's meeting should see the matter put to rest with all interim trustees in attendance.

I think it will be a very eventful meeting Frankie - I'm really sorry I am unable to attend.

I hope that the transaction of the business of the meeting will not be overshadowed by a continuation of some of the tit for tat nonsense we have seen in recent days.

This new scheme already has a lot of publicity - albeit inaccurate. That's what's needed, wide publicity to all Rangers fans. Not internet groups or groups that have existed for years and are not of a size to help/are carrying schisms and baggage (whether deserved or not). A group that is able to talk to Rangers fans of all ages and backgrounds through all media. Would I like it to be a group I've paid money into before? Yes. Will it break my heart if it is a totally new group? No, in fact if it helps remove Rangers from the clutches of the evil done by SDM/Whyte/Ahmed and Green and the like, it'll make my heart sing.

Why can't the Trust set up the new CIC in parallel with the BuyRangers initiative?

Why can't people 'trust' the Trust now that Mark Dingwall has resigned?

Ok, so the RST has rightly or wrongly had stigma attached to it for years, but surely that could be fixed?

I could well be wrong, but I think there maybe needs to be some major reconciliation from all existing 'sides' of what's unfolding here.

The RST can't really be blamed for previously taking bad advice from Supporters Direct, can it?

Why can't the Trust set up the new CIC in parallel with the BuyRangers initiative?

Why can't people 'trust' the Trust now that Mark Dingwall has resigned?

Ok, so the RST has rightly or wrongly had stigma attached to it for years, but surely that could be fixed?

I could well be wrong, but I think there maybe needs to be some major reconciliation from all existing 'sides' of what's unfolding here.

The RST can't really be blamed for previously taking bad advice from Supporters Direct, can it?

349 posts in and you've nailed it for me Zappa.