This afternoon I had a chat with an ex RST board member. It was confirmed to me that the CIC group which was setup by the RST had been tardy in reporting to the RST board on how their deliberations were going. As we all now know they have resigned from RST board and wish to run this initiative themselves. I was also told that it is true that this group while on the RST board moved that Paul Goodwin (Partick Thistle supporter!!) should be the RST spokesman on this matter. They had also been active in contacting others e.g. Paul Murray looking for support.

Let me say that I do not know these people or the present RST board. I do have serious doubts about the morals of people who would behave in this underhand manner. They were meant to be representing and working for the RST but it looks like they were using the RST to gain contacts etc. before launching their own plans. Why they did this only they know, is it just self massaging of egos? It's the last thing we need at this time IMO.

It's a setback for the fan ownership movement - and for the Rangers support too.

It's regrettable that fans who have bought into the fan ownership movement have struggled to work constructively together to advance it.

The last time the RST had difficulties and a split, some good people were lost. It will be a shame if the same happens again, although I have no sympathy - nor will I support - the splitters.

Good ideas need trusted people to carry them forward. I'm not convinced that we have a winning formal here, even if any new idea is viable.

On the bright side, though, it's encouraging that more and more people are looking realistically at Rangers being a fan-owned club.

Having fallouts is disappointing, but nowhere near as upsetting as calls for the likes of Dave King to come in. Gradually, inch by inch, we're leaving the sole proprietor era behind. I know some struggle to come to terms with this, but it is the great liberation.

When the slave was able to leave his master, he left. He didn't hesitate, even though the future was insecure and uncertain.

The fan-ownership guys may not be singing from the same hymn sheet, but they understand that the support has the capability to secure this club's future, and for that I applaud them.

It's just a pity that the road to a better future is so full of twists and turns. It was always going to be a rough ride of course, but despite the hazards, the destination will eventually be reached.

I just hope we get there in time.

It's a setback for the fan ownership movement - and for the Rangers support too.

It's regrettable that fans who have bought into the fan ownership movement have struggled to work constructively together to advance it.

The last time the RST had difficulties and a split, some good people were lost. It will be a shame if the same happens again, although I have no sympathy - nor will I support - the splitters.

Good ideas need trusted people to carry them forward. I'm not convinced that we have a winning formal here, even if any new idea is viable.

On the bright side, though, it's encouraging that more and more people are looking realistically at Rangers being a fan-owned club.

Having fallouts is disappointing, but nowhere near as upsetting as calls for the likes of Dave King to come in. Gradually, inch by inch, we're leaving the sole proprietor era behind. I know some struggle to come to terms with this, but it is the great liberation.

When the slave was able to leave his master, he left. He didn't hesitate, even though the future was insecure and uncertain.

The fan-ownership guys may not be singing from the same hymn sheet, but they understand that the support has the capability to secure this club's future, and for that I applaud them.

It's just a pity that the road to a better future is so full of twists and turns. It was always going to be a rough ride of course, but despite the hazards, the destination will eventually be reached.

I just hope we get there in time.

We've left it so late that I am unclear as to what time we have left to manage anything. Fingers and everything else crossed

I can see that the Trust's remit has expanded in ways that haven't pleased everyone. But it was set up specifically to promote fan ownership, wasn't it? So we come back to the issue of the baggage it now seems to come with and the perceived need for a 'neutral', baggage-free vehicle to achieve the same goal. Again, fair enough.

But if it's successful, we're still going to have the same divisions over the club. But they'll be within the group rather than/as well as on the message boards/twitter. Stances on, for eg, board members will need to be taken.

Hope I'm making sense: genuinely trying to work out what's going on. Massively supportive of the concept of fan share ownership and have started researching coops etc. But I'm not cheerleading for the trust (not in it) nor FF (on since the old email forum but based in London and too much of a handwringer for 'the clique'). But they banned me from RM before I'd even managed to post!).

Brilliant, I laughed out loud at that. You'll fit in just fine here.

This afternoon I had a chat with an ex RST board member. It was confirmed to me that the CIC group which was setup by the RST had been tardy in reporting to the RST board on how their deliberations were going. As we all now know they have resigned from RST board and wish to run this initiative themselves. I was also told that it is true that this group while on the RST board moved that Paul Goodwin (Partick Thistle supporter!!) should be the RST spokesman on this matter. They had also been active in contacting others e.g. Paul Murray looking for support.

Let me say that I do not know these people or the present RST board. I do have serious doubts about the morals of people who would behave in this underhand manner. They were meant to be representing and working for the RST but it looks like they were using the RST to gain contacts etc. before launching their own plans. Why they did this only they know, is it just self massaging of egos? It's the last thing we need at this time IMO.

We are all Rangers supporters, back stabbing, factionalism and infighting goes with the territory. If something good comes out of the fans Representatives ongoing melee, then it would be worth the bruises imo.

We are all Rangers supporters, back stabbing, factionalism and infighting goes with the territory. If something good comes out of the fans Representatives ongoing melee, then it would be worth the bruises imo.

Yes we all want what is best for Rangers and one thing that includes IMO is fan representation/ownership. My problem with this latest split is the underhand way it was engineered by the people concerned. Who's to say that they will not fall out/go in the huff with each other in the near future? I would need a lot of convincing to put my money in knowing that they have a history of undemocratic behavior, in fact deceitful behavior.

I'm not sure the use of terms such as deceitful and even worse stuff we've seen elsewhere is fair unless you're fully aware of exactly what happened.

I'll concede that those who left perhaps could have approached this more constructively but it appears this issue is part of a larger malaise within the recent board activities of the RST. As someone who was involved in a similar split in 2008, experience tells me everything won't be as black or as white as either side may claim.

To that end, I think it's up to the rest of us to maintain an open mind on this.

Yes we all want what is best for Rangers and one thing that includes IMO is fan representation/ownership. My problem with this latest split is the underhand way it was engineered by the people concerned. Who's to say that they will not fall out/go in the huff with each other in the near future? I would need a lot of convincing to put my money in knowing that they have a history of undemocratic behavior, in fact deceitful behavior.

Without covering old ground, there's an argument to say that part of the RST board had acted that way in the past which could have been raised when BuyRangers was launched (and at other times). If that had been raised at the time then the only losers would have been the club and it would have been done through spite and nothing else.

It doesn't do anyone any good to revisit internal squabbles, and as Frankie says, there are two sides to every story. If we get into a he said she said argument, again the club are going to be the only losers.

I think it may be helpful if there was a statement issued to explain the reasons for the split from the RST as this is obviously muddying the waters and while it will not appease everyone, it may allow the issue to be put to bed for many and allow the project to hopefully proceed.

Edited by Bluedell

I'm not sure the use of terms such as deceitful and even worse stuff we've seen elsewhere is fair unless you're fully aware of exactly what happened.

I'll concede that those who left perhaps could have approached this more constructively but it appears this issue is part of a larger malaise within the recent board activities of the RST. As someone who was involved in a similar split in 2008, experience tells me everything won't be as black or as white as either side may claim.

To that end, I think it's up to the rest of us to maintain an open mind on this.

I can assure people that I have not been deceitful. I have tried my best to avoid going over things, because there's really no way for it to go but become tit-for-tat.

This is a personal issue masquerading as a moral or ethical one. The guys involved did resign from the RST, but the reason they resigned had nothing to do with backstabbing or deceiving the RST. I can't really go into any more detail than that without seeming like I'm shit-stirring.

I only hope that people take their views on this from the RST stance as opposed to that of a former board member. The RST are not opposed to the meeting taking place and will be attending the meeting with the same open mind that every other fan who has been invited will be asked to do.