I don't care if we were denied a blatant penalty and they got one for nothing (both of which remain to be seen on video) we should be capable of beating Stenhousemuir at home.

I would suggest that we didn't, is down to three things.

Thing #1 - they learned from the last time they came to Ibrox and watching us play ever since; our main threat is Wallace down the left which they snuffed out by double-teaming him every time.

Thing #2 - with nothing to lose and everything to gain after an 8-0 drubbing they decided that attack was the best form of defence; and against our ramshackle defence so it proved.

Thing #3 - Ally demonstrated yet again that he has no idea how to change a game when things are going against us. What was the point of sending Shiels on with 6 mins to go; we had run out of ideas after 10/15 mins of the second half.

IMHO Faure is the best of our CB's at the moment and should be played there every week. McCulloch is treading water as his last desperate tackle (which could easily have been a red card) clearly proves. Cribari was a severe disappointment today; a player of his pedigree should take a game like that in his stride but he just seems to be going through the motions. Much as Mohsni is a bomb scare, he's the best alternative we have till the league's won and then I would give Gasparotto a chance.

I also think it's time to bring Peralta off the bench and give him a chance in a central midfield three (where he provided much needed drive when he came on at Ayr). That would release Law to a more attacking role and I would go with Aird, Daly & Templeton up front.

Sorted!

bougherra and hutton would help.

certainly thats the level we should be aiming for.

We should definitely be aiming for a high standard of defender for returning to the top flight, but Madjid Bougherra and Alan Hutton? What about age?

The Club can't afford to keep bringing in aging defenders and then quickly replacing them because they're past it. We need to be bringing through younger defenders straight into the first team or bringing in quality defenders at an age where they still have a good number of years in them.

We should definitely be aiming for a high standard of defender for returning to the top flight, but Madjid Bougherra and Alan Hutton? What about age?

The Club can't afford to keep bringing in aging defenders and then quickly replacing them because they're past it. We need to be bringing through younger defenders straight into the first team or bringing in quality defenders at an age where they still have a good number of years in them.

there's no substitute for experience at the back.

they also aren't that old.

if both were free then affordability should not be an issue. it's ambition that will decide the issue really.

Put money on McCulloch being selected for the team when we return to the top tier - if McCoist is still manager.

I cannot see him getting a new playing contract in 2015 when his current deal ends he will be 37.

We/Ally would need to be extremely desperate to play him in the SPL.

I cannot see him getting a new playing contract in 2015 when his current deal ends he will be 37.

We/Ally would need to be extremely desperate to play him in the SPL.

He shouldn't be anywhere near a Rangers jersey, but the guy picking the team thinks otherwise. McCoist will do what he has to do to keep him in his plans when we are back in the top tier.