Russian Rangers provide us with some 15 minutes of highlights again.

You would hope that Rangers contest Templeton's and Cribari's yellow, as both decisions were an utter disgrace. The dignified "Only ourselves to blame" is nice, but will open the doors for more of such kind of refereeing and, in the end, tackles against us. That Stenny only received one yellow card is mind-boggling as well. Icing on the cake is Aird's goal being officially declared an "own-goal" ...

Jig is 36 at the end of this season. He's been a loyal servant to the Club and a decent captain, but for me he shouldn't even be getting as much game time as he is at the moment. He should be getting played up front and fighting Daly for one of the striker places. With Jig and Daly rotating on and off the bench it would add freshness and competition to our attack. Give Daly 60 mins and bring on Jig to replace him for the last half hour or vice versa. Meanwhile at the back we could be giving the young lads Gasparotto and Halkett some invaluable experience. I hope Ally considers things like these for next season and also considers that Jig should play out next season and possibly get one season back in the top flight as a thank you for his service, but there's absolutely no way we should be keeping him till he's 40. There's taking the piss and then there's taking the piss.

Jig is no longer mobile enough to play up front or at the back now. Surely our esteemed manager can see that

ALLY McCOIST was left frustrated by poor defending from his team as it trailed twice then was pegged back to a draw against Stenhousemuir.

Rangers conceded three goals in a home league fixture for the first time since April 2011 – and therefore for the first time since McCoist became manager – as the teams tied 3-3.

The manner of each goal upset the Light Blues boss, particularly the third which came from the penalty foul after an apparent foul in the box by Emilson Cribari.

He was irritated by the first two as well though as they came from lapses in concentration which he felt could have been prevented.

Gers have now lost 11 goals in 13 home League One matches this season, a statistic the manager is not happy with.

In contrast, his men have kept 14 clean sheets in their last 15 away games in all competitions dating back more than six months to August.

McCoist said: “We’re very frustrated and our overriding feeling is one of disappointment. When you score three goals at home, you don’t expect not to win.

“Losing three goals at home – albeit one of them being questionable – wasn’t good at all and we made silly mistakes.

“We didn’t defend the first one at all well. I think we should have cut the ball out at source before the cross came in.

“David Templeton and Lee Wallace should have cut that out but then Sebastien (Faure) missed the cross and the lad knocked it in.

“With the second, Waldo had gone by Temps and then the ball got moved wide for a simple cross and a header.

“From their point of view – and they’re obviously looking at it differently – it was a great goal. From ours, it was a shocker defensively.”

McCoist – who confirmed Faure isn’t seriously hurt after an x-ray revealed no bone or ligament damage from a first-half tackle - was most irked by Stenny’s final goal.

Referee Greg Aitken gave a penalty against Emilson Cribari after he was ruled to have pulled David Rowson’s shirt.

There’s no doubting the players came together as a corner came in from the right, although it’s unclear whether anything illegal took place.

McCoist was adamant the spot kick should never have been awarded but insists Templeton should have had a first-half penalty.

He fell under Sean Lynch’s cumbersome challenge and it looked like a clear foul but Aitken gave the decision the other way and booked the winger for simulation.

McCoist was outraged by both spot kick calls and added: “I wasn’t really having the third one at all.

“The reaction from all the players, both benches and indeed the stadium would indicate the majority of people thought it wasn’t a penalty.

“In the first half, we had a double whammy. You can maybe allow the referee a mistake in not giving the penalty but his view of the situation was first class.

“For Templeton to get booked for it though? I asked the referee at half-time if he thought it was a penalty and he said no.

“I asked if he booked Templeton for diving and he said it was for simulation. If he’s getting it wrong once fair enough but for Temps to get punished is very, very harsh.

“David isn’t a diver. I’ll hopefully be speaking to John Fleming, the head of the referees, and we can try to get as many people to witness that as possible.

“I think it was a penalty and if the referee makes a mistake, he makes a mistake. He was maybe the only person this side of Glasgow who thought it wasn’t a penalty.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6380-frustration-on-many-fronts

Jig is no longer mobile enough to play up front or at the back now.

I agree, but if he needs to play at all, then giving him the odd 30 mins here and there up front would make a space at the back for another player who is at least an actual defender.

Dreary me, Daly and Hateley are/were "6 ft x win all headers that fly into the box" centre forwards, not the 5 ft x type that McCoist, MoJo and Co. represent. It IS not that hard to get.

Since when did we just lump footballers into categories based on height? What people are objecting to here is Hateley was known for being as good with his feet as well as his head and was more of a Gabriel Batistuta type player....

Daly and Hateley are completely different players and saying they are the 'same type of centre forward' is most definitely wrong. If I was to compare Daly to anyone it would be the Emile Heskey target man mould i.e. very little ability but tries hard, is decent in the air and causes some problems for defenders.

It's equally as absurd as lumping the old Aston Villa defender Alan Wright into a category with Fabio Cannavaro just because they were both small defenders. You categorise players based on style and ability, not how tall they are.

Russian Rangers provide us with some 15 minutes of highlights again.

You would hope that Rangers contest Templeton's and Cribari's yellow, as both decisions were an utter disgrace. The dignified "Only ourselves to blame" is nice, but will open the doors for more of such kind of refereeing and, in the end, tackles against us. That Stenny only received one yellow card is mind-boggling as well. Icing on the cake is Aird's goal being officially declared an "own-goal" ...

you can't contest a yellow.

so zlatan is a daly type?

You will be surprised to hear that I have not seen that much of Zlatan to answer that. The odd goal here and there, but his general play, no real idea. Then again, as much as I wouldn't say that Daly is of Hateley's quality I would refrain saying that Attila is of Zlatan's (from what I have seen).

In any case, you get my point of view with regards to Daly and Hateley.