For a statue he's extremely agile though. 18 goals is quite a feat by any statue's stretch of imagination.

I think it's a pretty poor return to be honest. It's 1 less than Lee McCulloch had at this time last year in a far inferior team, 8 less than Nicky Clark had at this stage in the same league for a team with a tiny fraction of our budget and even 3 less than Andy Little had at this stage last season in, again, a far inferior team. It's my opinion Daly has been poor.

It was a decent run over a couple of months whilst Celtic had one of their worst ever starts to a season. That period also included 3 humiliating cup exits. As soon as Celtic got their act together our arses collapsed.

Celtic had no influence over our wins and losses except the games against them. It was a good half season regardless of Celtic results. I think it's obvious the behind the scenes machinations affected the results for the second half of the season. The correlation of bad results with the revelations of off field turmoil is incredibly compelling. But this is something you like to ignore.

I wouldn't call being given £5.4m to spend since he took over or over £40m in wages over the 3 years as a handicap. It's more tools than just about every other manager in the country.

I don't really know what you're trying to assert here. He was given more money than everyone except Celtic and yet despite a financial collapse that affected results and a 10 point penalty, finished above everyone else. Where is the failure there? He finished exactly where you said he should. Then he wins the next league well ahead of everyone else and seems to be repeating that again this season - where is the failure?

If that's your argument then with your criteria, Ally has been a obvious and unqualified success in the leagues. He has not once finished in a position that is less than expected for his budget. If money is so important then he could not possibly be expected to finish above a club that spent more money. He has only had the one chance to do that, looked like he could but then we had the financial meltdown and a 10 point deduction.

His cup record may not have been the best but then we know that more money is not everything when it comes to a one off game. If that was the case then pretty much every manager has been a failure. Certainly that would apply to all Rangers managers.

But again you choose to ignore almost a whole squad leaving, and illegal transfer embargoes put in place. Even with Whyte, he was messed about with in the transfer market. I'm sure he wouldn't have felt hard done by if he had been given the same budget as Celtic. But the weird thing is having to mention all this again and again as it's as if you don't know about it.

McCoist has been handicapped compared to all other Rangers managers, and has still done a passable job when it comes to league position. Even Souness finished behind a team with less money in one season.

The point is that there is evidence he can do a job in three different leagues, there is little or no evidence that he can't. As for the cups, I think he could do with a bit of a normal season when it comes to transfers and finances before fully judging. He even seems to be doing a job since he has been able to pick his choice of team and is still in those cups where that has been the case.

Whether someone else would or wouldn't do any better is guesswork and a matter of opinion.

So why do you keep stating your opinion as fact? Like I've shown, you have very little evidence to base your opinion on bar you subjective view of the stylistic value of the performances.

Your basic argument is that when someone is good at something easy then they will struggle when it is hard. That doesn't make sense as you'd expect someone who is good when it's hard to also be good when it's easy. If he was bad at what is easy then you'd have a point.

Another piece of counter evidence is that he seems to be improving as he is going up the leagues despite the fact it should be harder and him still having his hands tied when squad building. It would be better for your argument if he was getting worse but that is not the case. There is nothing to suggest he can't continue to improve, especially with a proper Rangers transfer budget, a board that backs him and no embargo.

It's unfair to overly criticise him without first giving him the usual tools for the job that previous Rangers managers have been bestowed with. Until he messes up, it could be argued he deserves that chance. It's like putting a youngster like McLeod in the team, he does as well as can be expected, has an odd bad performance and you want to banish him from the team because he's no Ryan Giggs.

Can anyone honestly say that if they were playing a football manager computer game, that it through all the off-field stuff that Ally has had at you with the addition of demotivated players and players walking away, all the embargoes and no transfer budget, you get all the results Ally did; that you would be happy if the game then told you you were fired and were a useless manager and should not play the game again?

I think most people would be furious with the game, although most people would probably already be so pissed off at what the game threw at them as being unfair, it would have been put in the bin after the first season.

I think it's a pretty poor return to be honest. It's 1 less than Lee McCulloch had at this time last year in a far inferior team, 8 less than Nicky Clark had at this stage in the same league for a team with a tiny fraction of our budget and even 3 less than Andy Little had at this stage last season in, again, a far inferior team. It's my opinion Daly has been poor.

How poor do these people or even a McCoist and Hately rank compared to the 23 goals scored by Marco Negri in 10 games then?

Anyway, it is mostly about opinions.

As Frankie mentioned earlier - not only was the standard of refereeing a shock, the pitch was nothing short of dreadful!

I know the weather hasn't been the greatest lately but the state of that pitch was appalling. Even worst on the outskirts - it was just a slope of mud.

And to think of the rather nice sums we pay for green-keeping as well....

i suspect the lights we use have been banned due to cost.

Are people really arguing over how shite Daly is? He is what he is. A big lump that encourages us to play awful football. It's not his fault, it's the people that bought him and chose the tactics that hold the most blame. Mentioning Daly and Hateley in the same breath is lolable.

We were successful in the top league for half a season even with Craig Whyte at the helm. I know Ally is no managerial genius but he has shown no evidence that he is worse than any feasible alternative, while working under a huge handicap since he started.

Just c&c 'manager'.

Half a season in which we got knocked out of three cups. We then blew a huge lead in the league.

'Supporter' implies that you need to back McCoist to be a real supporter.

Half a season in which we got knocked out of three cups. We then blew a huge lead in the league.

'Supporter' implies that you need to back McCoist to be a real supporter.

Football can be a bitch, right? Never seen this before, have we? (Didn't we blew much of the points advantage after financial troubles were on the horizon and we sold Jelavic?) Of course, one can blame a manager for the results and tactics (he's a sitting duck after all), but at the end of the day, our highly paid stars (not exactly tactically missplaced) failed to deliver big time in Europe back then.

Anyhow, how many managers have you (all) seen throughout your life as a football supporter (England & Scotland) who had the same struggles on and off the field throughout his managerial career? Leeds'? Coventry's? Hearts'? How have they coped?

Football can be a bitch, right? Never seen this before, have we? (Didn't we blew much of the points advantage after financial troubles were on the horizon and we sold Jelavic?) Of course, one can blame a manager for the results and tactics (he's a sitting duck after all), but at the end of the day, our highly paid stars (not exactly tactically missplaced) failed to deliver big time in Europe back then.

Anyhow, how many managers have you (all) seen throughout your life as a football supporter (England & Scotland) who had the same struggles on and off the field throughout his managerial career? Leeds'? Coventry's? Hearts'? How have they coped?

We were 15 points ahead in October or November, they went top before January, admin wasn't til February. The players need to take their share of the blame but at the end of the day it's up to the manager to get them performing.

His job is to manage the team and he should be judged on that and not off field issues. He's had arguably the easiest 2 years any Rangers manager in history has had and he still doesn't have us playing to an acceptable standard.

He is clueless.

Now, we remember our club's dignified response to the ref making a hash of that game.

Only Ourselves To Blame

The Yahoos have been treated according to the book last night (which they are probably not used to) and what is the response? Have a look:

Furious Celtic boss Neil Lennon slams referee Craig Thomson for 'ruining game' as Aberdeen end Hoops' unbeaten run

Neil Lennon blames referee after Celtic lose at Aberdeen

... and the like (just the headlines):

Lennon unhappy with ref decision

Neil Lennon: ref's decisions ruined game and cost us unbeaten record

Lennon blames bad calls

Lennon fumes at referee as Celtic and Forster finally fail against Aberdeen

Neil Lennon: it was ref's fault we lost unbeaten record

At times it would simply help if McCoist and Co. would at least give us a line saying: "There were a few contentious decisions in the game and I will talk to the referee and probably the SFA about it." No more, but now less.