I want to see all supporters initiatives do well.

Like Frankie, I served on the RST Board for several years. Information was everything and we realised the flow could stop if SDM exercised his rights under the Companies Act to take the club private ie he had in excess of 90% of the equity and did not need to publish accounts, nor hold AGMs. GerSave was designed to initially, dilute his equity below 90%. As Frankie states, it was a hard sell.

I toured RSCs, attended several NARSAs, staged presentations in the Wee Rangers Club, pitched on travelling supporters buses, ............ etc. We were getting there, slowly, very slowly.

I suspect RangersFirst will be an easier sell. If we view it as a necessary lever, more purchase equates to more purchase. However, the above continues to hold, the lads and lassies involved will have to expend considerable energy, there is no alternative.

Good luck.

What is happening with the RFFF cash?

The interest alone must be a pretty penny on that account...

No idea. I don't even think the committee has any idea. Personally I'd like to see the cash go towards redeveloping the land across from the main stand. The whole area needs a facelift and for match day to become a whole day about the Rangers, not just a few hours at most.

No idea. I don't even think the committee has any idea. Personally I'd like to see the cash go towards redeveloping the land across from the main stand. The whole area needs a facelift and for match day to become a whole day about the Rangers, not just a few hours at most.

I thought the Hinshelwood estate had been designated by GCC's Planning Committee as ground only to be developed for mixed housing ie both private and local Housing Association builds?

I thought the Hinshelwood estate had been designated by GCC's Planning Committee as ground only to be developed for mixed housing ie both private and local Housing Association builds?

Haven't a clue mate, but that needs changed if true. While I'm at the Albion car park should have an extra floor built on it.

So many dreams and ideas........

I'm sure are dozens of ideas for how the money should be used and even more opinions on each of those.

Someone taking the bull by the horns would help there.

Haven't a clue mate, but that needs changed if true. While I'm at the Albion car park should have an extra floor built on it.

So many dreams and ideas........

IIRC, SDM always wanted to buy back EH and make that a multi-story car park.

A lot could be done with the Albion.

Another Murray moonbeam was building a new conference centre there - incorporating a new stadium ala the Amsterdam Arena. He said plans were at an advanced stage.

Yawn.

You're absolutely correct mate but on the other hand because of what has happened people will naturally be very wary of giving their money to anyone. Many thousands of small shareholders would have lost their money over the last few years. OK, we don't usually invest that cash for anything other than emotional reasons but just how many people are prepared to risk more of their savings when we struggle to make ends meet in our personal lives.

All in all, it's a juggling exercise and unless the sell is absolutely spot on, it may just be one ball too many for the majority; even those with a keen interest in contributing to such schemes.

You have to accept that a percentage of people aren't in a financial position to support this, that's the case whenever a scheme is launched. Those people can't be reached no matter what, you have to concentrate on those that can.

I probably disagree that it needs backed by ex-players, I'm not sure they actually bring much to the party. In my opinion the best thing they can do is invest in a good PR company, they need to raise their profile and explain their scheme to the many disparate strands of our support.

I'd be interested to know what success looks like for RF or Buy Rangers in terms of numbers.

Another Murray moonbeam was building a new conference centre there - incorporating a new stadium ala the Amsterdam Arena. He said plans were at an advanced stage.

Yawn.

Indeed. But it could be built on easily with the same number of spaces retained.

What would be built is debatable.