Yes I think most folks know who I am and what I look like.

Thanks to you also for your confidence.

Based on these comments and the relatively small numbers so far, unless there are any objections, I think what I'll do is PM folks with my current account details then set up an online deposit sub account to hold the money, which means I'll be able to show an account with all the deposits without setting up a fully fledged trust/treasuers account with two signatories which was going to be a bit of a pain to be honest.

What I had in mind was to ask for a £9 deposit now and then the balance of £9 a week before the date; or of course folks can just pay the whole £18 up front.

Any thoughts?

Sounds fine on all counts. Personally, I'm happy to pay the full amount up front.

Thanks again for organising. These things usually end up being more complicated than envisaged at the outset!

I've realised that I can make it even less complicated.

If everyone is happy for me to hold the money then I can open a new online savings account with Barclays where I am already an online customer and then I won't have any problem posting the account details here so that folks can pay in directly.

I will be able to print and scan the online statement and post here and since BD sits a few rows down from me if he is agreeable I can show a hard copy to him and he can post verification; or I could physically display it to anyone else who wants to see it.

Is this acceptable?

Brahim,

I dont think you need to go to any trouble over collecting the money and setting up a new deposit account or anything like that. Just PM the ones who have said they are going with any account details you want to use, and keep a note of who has paid you what. I am quite sure nobody here is wanting to see proof that the money is there, we are all Bears after all and those who have met you or know your background would vouch the same I am sure.

Brahim,

I dont think you need to go to any trouble over collecting the money and setting up a new deposit account or anything like that. Just PM the ones who have said they are going with any account details you want to use, and keep a note of who has paid you what. I am quite sure nobody here is wanting to see proof that the money is there, we are all Bears after all and those who have met you or know your background would vouch the same I am sure.

Much obliged for your confidence and that of others.

I will set up a separate online deposit account if for no other reason than I don't want to co-mingle the dinner money with my own funds (it's just the way my financial mind works!) and I'll PM the details as you suggest.

Just a minor question, BH.

Is that all the festivities over at 7:30, or are there other plans. This is purely to know if I should plan to stay over in Glasgow or drive home.

Good question.

The owner of the restaurant wants the tables available for those who might want to book for Saturday dinner; hence the 7.30pm shut off. However, I think it will all depend on how many bookings they have. Usually they are full or near full on a Saturday night; however, they are expanding next door so it is hard to say. If they don't need the tables and folks want to stay and drink I can't see that he'll object; also there is a pub (The old Honours Three, can't remember new name) a couple of doors down. However if you're driving that won't concern you, I'm sure!

Hope that helps.

Thanks BD.

I probably didn't explain properly.

If the intention is for it to last longer, I would arrange accomodation, not drive, and arrange for my daughter to overnight with family.

Otherwise, I would just drive home and not need to make substantial plans.