I still have a sneaking liking for Chuck - he was a good laugh at the time & at the time, I sure needed one.

Cost a bit, though.

AMMS, I am afraid to say that after consultation with the Handwringers Loyal RSC your position as Chief Bringer of French Fancies to Our Tea Parties has been suspended until you can prove yourself truly liberal again.

Edited by andy steel

The kind of response i would expect on another forum.

Call it respect. Not sure how in any way, shape or form it can be seen as bizarre. It's perfectly accurate.

Well geography is important and Welsh people get annoyed when described as English. Think of it as saving you a kicking when you next eulogise big Malky deep in the valleys.

My respect for ex-Celtic players is very limited. I've nothing particularly against Mackay other than he's a dirty jump the dyke and a fairly ordinary manager by all evidence. Being the most popular ever Cardiff manager is a little like being the smartest guy in the bottom class, he didn't really much competition, did he.

I still have a sneaking liking for Chuck - he was a good laugh at the time & at the time, I sure needed one.

Cost a bit, though.

AMMS, I am afraid to say that after consultation with the Handwringers Loyal RSC your position as Chief Bringer of French Fancies to Our Tea Parties has been suspended until you can prove yourself truly liberal again.

Finally, is there any chance the RM refugees could fuck up with the smilies? This isn't a youth club.

I'd special gluten free fair trade ones too for the next meeting. I'm sure the Vanguard boys will love them though...

yer gettin yer arse kicked on this one, amms :)

Intellectually, you don't have a leg to stand on, but emotionally, I can't disagree with anything you've said.

I don't care if Malky is a Bluenose and a Rangers fan as a kid; he played for them, and it would just be wrong, wrong, wrong to have an ex one of them as our manager.

"Intellectually you don't have a leg to stand on" might well also become my signature. It's true of so many of my misadventures.

Championing any ex-celtic player over Ally McCoist is simply intellectually and emotionally impossible. There's no wiggle room on that, no middle ground, it's that black and white.

Gary Birtles on Billy Davies.

Davies was good at bringing in players, at gelling them together as a team, at motivating them and generating a 'them against us' attitude. That was his forte.

And, when he spoke about 'unfinished business' upon his return, everyone presumed that he meant winning promotion. But, when you look at what has happened in the year or so since his return, you begin to wonder.

Davies spoke frequently about vengeance. He also said that the innocent would not be harmed. But they were.

Good people at Forest have lost their jobs since he came back to the club. And those who did remain have seen the club's reputation crumble around their ears, as he gradually took on more and more people in a fight he was never going to win. He made Forest a laughing stock.

Confronting photographers, confronting camera men, insisting that the only press conferences he did attend were recorded on video, freezing out the media in general, arguing with referees in the tunnel… it almost felt as though he was trying to antagonise people. Every other week there would be something else.

It felt as though none of what he did was about Forest, about making the club a success. It felt as though it was about him, about his petty quest for revenge against those he perceived to have wronged him the first time he was here, whether they were staff members, the media or whoever else.

Maybe he feels as though he got that. Maybe, on that front, his business is finished.

I just hope that Nottingham Forest's business with Davies is finished now, forever.

If Forest fans were not convinced of all the baggage that Davies comes with last time, they must surely be this time around.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Garry-Birtles-m-delighted-Billy-Davies-Nottingham/story-20857435-detail/story.html#ixzz2xCYDuJzg

Finally, is there any chance the RM refugees could fuck up with the smilies? This isn't a youth club.

Contained within certain ad-blocker browser extensions/plugs (even free ones) is the ability to block images from specific URLs. In theory you should be able to specifically block the forum smilies if they annoy you. :cool: