While I agree, GS, now is not the time for innovation or new radical navel-scratching.

Now's the time for regrouping and making sure those who run us have our best interests at heart. It's also a time for trying to find areas of solidarity between fans.

How many times can we afford to do that though? That will be 3 times in the last 10 - 12 years. Eck after Advocaat, Smith after PLG, the next guy after Ally. We can't keep needing managers to fix a mess made by a previous boss. We need to start getting it right.

Hah! Make Brian O'Neill his assistant then, one shite Celtic centreback looks much the same as another to me. What about Peter Grant as first team coach, Roy Aitken as chief scout, fuck it appoint Paulo Di Canio as fan liaison too. What about that nice Neil Lennon, he's got Champion's League experience, let's put him on the short list.

I'm sorry, I'm normally a fully paid up member of the handwringers, gum bleeders, liberal wing of our support, but I draw the line at appointing ex-Celtic players to that most coveted of positions in Scottish football; the Rangers manager. Only 13 men in over 140 years have been given that position, it means something and shouldn't be handed out to just anyone, and frankly being an ex-Celtic player pretty much excludes you as far as I'm concerned. Being serious about MacKay for a second his record is ordinary, he managed to get the side with the biggest budget in their league promoted, that's about it. He showed no loyalty to Watford when the big money of Cardiff came calling and was shown none by them when he was clearly struggling when up with the big boys.

This isn't about religion or narrow mindedness, it's about standards. I can accept ex-Celtic players playing for us, but I expect our managers to have some connection with us or else to be clearly outstanding candidates. The manager of Rangers should be an exalted position, the pinnacle of the game in this country.

So there!

I'll be applying for membership of Vanguard Bears directly...

I've always suspected McDowell was an agent sent from the dark side to get us playing this awful long-ball shite. I don't think anyone that's ever taken a wage from them should ever be allowed to darken our doors. I have respect for people that stick to their own sides. Jump-the-dykes always come across as a tad mercenary.

Hah! Make Brian O'Neill his assistant then, one shite Celtic centreback looks much the same as another to me. What about Peter Grant as first team coach, Roy Aitken as chief scout, fuck it appoint Paulo Di Canio as fan liaison too. What about that nice Neil Lennon, he's got Champion's League experience, let's put him on the short list.

I'm sorry, I'm normally a fully paid up member of the handwringers, gum bleeders, liberal wing of our support, but I draw the line at appointing ex-Celtic players to that most coveted of positions in Scottish football; the Rangers manager. Only 13 men in over 140 years have been given that position, it means something and shouldn't be handed out to just anyone, and frankly being an ex-Celtic player pretty much excludes you as far as I'm concerned. Being serious about MacKay for a second his record is ordinary, he managed to get the side with the biggest budget in their league promoted, that's about it. He showed no loyalty to Watford when the big money of Cardiff came calling and was shown none by them when he was clearly struggling when up with the big boys.

This isn't about religion or narrow mindedness, it's about standards. I can accept ex-Celtic players playing for us, but I expect our managers to have some connection with us or else to be clearly outstanding candidates. The manager of Rangers should be an exalted position, the pinnacle of the game in this country.

So there!

I'll be applying for membership of Vanguard Bears directly...

Those are all Celtic minded who openly hate Rangers, unlike Malky on both counts, and to my knowledge have done nothing in the game to merit even being linked with any sort of job at Rangers. Ridiculous, needless and childish comparisons in my opinion. I really shouldn't even entertain the rest of your post after that opening pile of sh*te. No offence meant.

It lost it's meaning the day PLG was hounded out.

McKay had an understanding and amicable split with Watford, as a friend of the club and ex player, there was no animosity there. He wasn't struggling either, in fact had they kept him they would not be in the mess they are currently. Malky is the victim of yet another clueless owner with an alleged big wallet and definite huge ego. Tactically at Cardiff McKay proved he could fight it out with the big guns with some marvellous results. He is widely recognised as Cardiffs best ever football manager.

You talk about standards and yet look at the state of us. The worst manager in our history currently carries an untouchable tag around with him. Standards, eh.

I've always suspected McDowell was an agent sent from the dark side to get us playing this awful long-ball shite. I don't think anyone that's ever taken a wage from them should ever be allowed to darken our doors. I have respect for people that stick to their own sides. Jump-the-dykes always come across as a tad mercenary.

McDowall is a Rangers man, albeit, clueless too.

Do you not think, that if it was that simple, then everyone would be doing it, and indeed would be stupid not to? But the fact the is that the last team that I remember being lauded for this type of football, was Falkirk under Yogi. The result? They were relegated and he got the sack.

No, I think it really is that simple when you consider at what level the bar is set in Scottish football - about an inch off the ground. Why everyone doesn't do it is a complete mystery to me, but it's still no reason for us to join the demented hoofers and cloggers doing their 1950's Footballing Roadshow up and down the country every Saturday.

Those are all Celtic minded who openly hate Rangers, unlike Malky on both counts, and to my knowledge have done nothing in the game to merit even being linked with any sort of job at Rangers. Ridiculous, needless and childish comparisons in my opinion. I really shouldn't even entertain the rest of your post after that opening pile of sh*te. No offence meant.

It lost it's meaning the day PLG was hounded out.

McKay had an understanding and amicable split with Watford, as a friend of the club and ex player, there was no animosity there. He wasn't struggling either, in fact had they kept him they would not be in the mess they are currently. Malky is the victim of yet another clueless owner with an alleged big wallet and definite huge ego. Tactically at Cardiff McKay proved he could fight it out with the big guns with some marvellous results. He is widely recognised as Cardiffs best ever football manager.

You talk about standards and yet look at the state of us. The worst manager in our history currently carries an untouchable tag around with him. Standards, eh.

Cardiff were fourth bottom when he was sacked, 1 point above third bottom, I'm sorry but that's struggling by any definition. Mackay is no victim, Tan owned Cardiff when he joined them and he knew what he was getting into. If he'd any interest in anything but money he'd have walked when Tan decided to change the team colours and badge against supporter wishes.

I take no offence by your first paragraph but would simply point out that if you lie down with dogs.

McCoist is guilty of many things but our current 'state' isn't one of them. If McCoist was replaced by an ex-Tim I'd never go back, that would be the end for me.