Cardiff were fourth bottom when he was sacked, 1 point above third bottom, I'm sorry but that's struggling by any definition. Mackay is no victim, Tan owned Cardiff when he joined them and he knew what he was getting into. If he'd any interest in anything but money he'd have walked when Tan decided to change the team colours and badge against supporter wishes.

I take no offence by your first paragraph but would simply point out that if you lie down with dogs.

McCoist is guilty of many things but our current 'state' isn't one of them. If McCoist was replaced by an ex-Tim I'd never go back, that would be the end for me.

Davie Moyes?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hah! Make Brian O'Neill his assistant then, one shite Celtic centreback looks much the same as another to me. What about Peter Grant as first team coach, Roy Aitken as chief scout, fuck it appoint Paulo Di Canio as fan liaison too. What about that nice Neil Lennon, he's got Champion's League experience, let's put him on the short list.

I'm sorry, I'm normally a fully paid up member of the handwringers, gum bleeders, liberal wing of our support, but I draw the line at appointing ex-Celtic players to that most coveted of positions in Scottish football; the Rangers manager. Only 13 men in over 140 years have been given that position, it means something and shouldn't be handed out to just anyone, and frankly being an ex-Celtic player pretty much excludes you as far as I'm concerned. Being serious about MacKay for a second his record is ordinary, he managed to get the side with the biggest budget in their league promoted, that's about it. He showed no loyalty to Watford when the big money of Cardiff came calling and was shown none by them when he was clearly struggling when up with the big boys.

This isn't about religion or narrow mindedness, it's about standards. I can accept ex-Celtic players playing for us, but I expect our managers to have some connection with us or else to be clearly outstanding candidates. The manager of Rangers should be an exalted position, the pinnacle of the game in this country.

So there!

I'll be applying for membership of Vanguard Bears directly...

So wrong on so many levels.

All what is wrong with society today - it shouldn't even open up a debate if McKay played for Celtic, he didn't reach a level to worry anyone. If he is the right man he is the right man. What would you say to any resentment Aberdeen fan right now about having an ex 'hun' in their job. Please never post again about Celtic fans being wrong because I'll bring your first post up. My English team is West Ham, I schooled in England and went to Upton park every week, I applauded Di Canio....in your eyes I probably shouldn't be allowed into Ibrox.

If only certain men are allowed in, how you justify McCoist being there right now if there is someone better.

And as for standards, supercooper and selmy have been slated all season on here for expecting better than we currently have....where is your support for them?

There is a whiff of Coffee here, have a smell and I hope you reach the 21st century soon.

Edited by Gribz

So wrong on so many levels.

All what is wrong with society today - it shouldn't even open up a debate if McKay played for Celtic, he didn't reach a level to worry anyone. If he is the right man he is the right man. What would you say to any resentment Aberdeen fan right now about having an ex 'hun' in their job. Please never post again about Celtic fans being wrong because I'll bring your first post up. My English team is West Ham, I schooled in England and went to Upton park every week, I applauded Di Canio....in your eyes I probably shouldn't be allowed into Ibrox.

If only certain men are allowed in, how you justify McCoist being there right now if there is someone better.

And as for standards, supercooper and selmy have been slated all season on here for expecting better than we currently have....where is your support for them?

There is a whiff of Coffee here, have a smell and I hope you reach the 21st century soon.

Jeez Gribz, "all that's wrong with society today", really? Glad to see you're not succumbing to hyperbole or over reacting to this...

I'll post about Celtic fans being wrong when I feel like it, I tend not to post about Celtic or their fans very often, but if and when I think they are wrong about something I'll post about it. You can feel free to tell me I'm wrong though, that's your prerogative.

I don't have an 'English team' I've just the one team. Because of that I'm allowing myself to make irrational decisions and irrational posts. It's football, it isn't real life and football fandom is irrational. It's about emotion not logic.

I'm not suggesting Malky Mackay shouldn't be allowed to manage any football club, just not mine.

I don't need to justify McCoist. If you can't see how someone who played for us over 400 times, won 10 league titles and countless other trophies, has been our most popular servant and club ambassador for a generation, if not ever, represented his country with distinction 61 times then served an apprenticeship as an assistant manager at both international and club level isn't "justified" in being offered the managers job at Rangers then I'm very sorry, but you and me clearly see Rangers very differently. McCoist is not immune from criticism, but to suggest somehow I need to "justify" him being chosen as the Rangers manager is lunacy. Get a grip.

I'll rarely, if ever, publicly slate a Rangers legend, that's my prerogative. McCoist, or anyone else in his position, will stand or fall by their performance, nothing I will say or do will change that. If others want to indulge in criticism of him, or any other club servant, that's up to them, some of the criticism McCoist gets is a disgrace and some of it is justified. McCoist knows the club and the support better than most, he knew what becoming Rangers manager entailed, I imagine he developed a thick skin a long time ago.

I've no idea what the coffee smells like in 21st century Singapore, I'm a tea man myself. But if it leads you to believe that someone like Malky Mackay is somehow qualified to manage Rangers then you can keep it.

My feelings for football are based on emotions built up over close to 40 years, don't attempt to deconstruct them or rationalise them, you can't.

I really don't like Celtic. I don't like their club, their colours, their badge, their songs, their fuckin horrible strip, their horrible stadium, their directors, their bullshit history, their bullshit ethos, their manager and most definitely their players. I really don't like their players.

So forgive me for not wanting one of them to become our manager. That's just how it is.

At least, if nothing else, you've given me a new signature.

"I really don't like Celtic. I don't like their club, their colours, their badge, their songs, their fuckin horrible strip, their horrible stadium, their directors, their bullshit history, their bullshit ethos, their manager and most definitely their players. I really don't like their players. "

I'm kind of with you there but I don't think McKay is over contaminated. It's a while ago now, he wasn't there long and he didn't do us any harm.

It's hard to think how any affordable and gettable manager could have surpassed what McCoist has achieved results wise this season. Won the league with 8 games to spare, now 32 points ahead after 28 wins 2 draws and 0 losses, in the final of the Ramsdens, in the semi of the cup, with the only real blemish being the league cup where he wasn't allowed to play his best players.

Who realistically expects better standards than that?

Any criticism of McCoist really boils down to a subjective view of how the side plays rather than the results. Even then the criticism has struggled to have much reality to it - last season it came out as, "it's the worst Rangers team ever": but after what we went through added to players walking away and a transfer embargo, it SHOULD have been. What excuse would a previous Rangers side that didn't go through this have to be worse? People still don't seem to get that and keep comparing the side to that of Advocaat's that failed specacularly in 2001 against much cheaper opposition and it was that spending that pretty much put us where we are now.

So who is being championed to be much better than Rangers legend, McCoist? Malky Mackay, an ex Celtic player who saved Watford from relegation, then went to Cardiff and with a very large budget lost in the promotional playoffs and took his team to the league cup final - with a pretty easy route, a bit like ours in the cup this season. Then won the championship which is reasonable enough but struggled in the Premiership and sacked for among other things (with results being the first), the "style of play".

Here's a couple of paragraphs on him from an online site:

In the last 13 matches, Cardiff have recorded two wins, recorded a total of 10 points and scored just 9 goals. The performances away to Stoke City (0-0), Norwich City (0-0) and Crystal Palace (0-2) were utterly toothless, with a purposely over defensive set up from Mackay, which attracted criticism from the fans. There have been genuine rumblings of discontent and dissatisfaction with how the team has approached these type of games, with no ambition or progressive style of play visible.

Mackay has also, though, overseen a League Cup Final appearance whilst in the Championship, a title winning promotion campaign and memorable results versus Manchester City, Manchester United and Everton this season. Mackay is not Pep Guardiola nor is he Adie Boothroyd; he has overseen a promotion and solid start to the Premier League season via a turgid and formulaic style of play.

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/archives/13617

There is no guarantee that any manager will be a success at the club and Rangers' recent history demonstrates this - Advocaat ultimately failed despite a suicidal budget, the most promising young, Scottish manager, Eck, struggled, and the French football messiah of PLG was a complete disaster (although many of McCoists critics somehow still rate him). Few wanted Walter the first time and he was an immense success till he was driven out by unrealistic expectations of European success, and few wanted him back when he went on to be an immense success again.

If we're replacing the manager it should be for good reason, and for a measurable improvement, but the reasoning behind sacking a successful manager and replacing him with Mackay makes no sense whatsoever.

It's hard to think how any affordable and gettable manager could have surpassed what McCoist has achieved results wise this season. Won the league with 8 games to spare, now 32 points ahead after 28 wins 2 draws and 0 losses, in the final of the Ramsdens, in the semi of the cup, with the only real blemish being the league cup where he wasn't allowed to play his best players.

Who realistically expects better standards than that?

Any criticism of McCoist really boils down to a subjective view of how the side plays rather than the results. Even then the criticism has struggled to have much reality to it - last season it came out as, "it's the worst Rangers team ever": but after what we went through added to players walking away and a transfer embargo, it SHOULD have been. What excuse would a previous Rangers side that didn't go through this have to be worse? People still don't seem to get that and keep comparing the side to that of Advocaat's that failed specacularly in 2001 against much cheaper opposition and it was that spending that pretty much put us where we are now.

So who is being championed to be much better than Rangers legend, McCoist? Malky Mackay, an ex Celtic player who saved Watford from relegation, then went to Cardiff and with a very large budget lost in the promotional playoffs and took his team to the league cup final - with a pretty easy route, a bit like ours in the cup this season. Then won the championship which is reasonable enough but struggled in the Premiership and sacked for among other things (with results being the first), the "style of play".

Here's a couple of paragraphs on him from an online site:

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/archives/13617

There is no guarantee that any manager will be a success at the club and Rangers' recent history demonstrates this - Advocaat ultimately failed despite a suicidal budget, the most promising young, Scottish manager, Eck, struggled, and the French football messiah of PLG was a complete disaster (although many of McCoists critics somehow still rate him). Few wanted Walter the first time and he was an immense success till he was driven out by unrealistic expectations of European success, and few wanted him back when he went on to be an immense success again.

If we're replacing the manager it should be for good reason, and for a measurable improvement, but the reasoning behind sacking a successful manager and replacing him with Mackay makes no sense whatsoever.

Perhaps people might expect us to have a manager that can get the side playing watchable football. Our stats this season are the bare minimum expectation and don't mean anything.

The way we play isn't subjective, anyone with a set of eyes can see that we play horrific football if they actually take the time to watch the games.

Imagine how bitter and deluded someone must be to play down the great work Malky McKay has done in England, one of the hardest and most pressure filled countries on the planet. Utterly ridiculous. He may not be the next Jose Mourinho, who knows but he is a million times the manager Ally McCoist will ever be.

Imagine how bitter and deluded someone must be to play down the great work Malky McKay has done in England, one of the hardest and most pressure filled countries on the planet. Utterly ridiculous. He may not be the next Jose Mourinho, who knows but he is a million times the manager Ally McCoist will ever be.

Cardiff is in Wales.

"A million times the manager McCoist will ever be" is a bizarre statement. Is there a bromance going on between you an Malky?

Cardiff is in Wales.

"A million times the manager McCoist will ever be" is a bizarre statement. Is there a bromance going on between you an Malky?

The kind of response i would expect on another forum.

Call it respect. Not sure how in any way, shape or form it can be seen as bizarre. It's perfectly accurate.