I'm not that keen on joining this rammy, but there's perhaps a middle way.

Why not fund initial legal advice and any initial legal discussions on the issue?

It's not certain that Easdale's legal team are correct and Easdale may very well back down in the face of robust legal opinion.

Regarding the libel, I think the comments were out of order and have no constructive value whatsoever in the debate. However, I don't like the precedent of Easdale trying to gag fans. There were lots of other targets out there for Easdale including opposition fans.

100% behind SoS and would gladly support a specific appeal for funds to support him, but just doesn't sit well with me using RFFF cash for that purpose.

If nothing else it would be certain to further entrench divided opinions among the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from my understanding, the RFFF was setup to help the CLUB....

What IF the vote goes in favour of helping Mr Houston, then Mr Easdale wins???? The £200k goes straight into Mr Easdale's pocket - how does that help the club???

Why of course he'd plough it straight back into the club, can't believe you need to even ask that question...

Look, no court in the land is giving Easedale £200,000 even if it found in his favour he isn't getting that. The highest ever defamation payment awarded was £200,000 to Tommy Sheridan from the News of the World and they accussed him of being a liar and attending swinger parties. Calling someone names on Facebook might get him a couple of grand if he's lucky.

Anyway, no way will this go to court, he'll either back down or settle, he'd lose a fortune if he took it to court because he won't get awarded costs either. See this for what it is, bullying pure and simple .

I would imagine that the Fund money would go to Craig's legal expenses and not to any damage award.

As to whether he should supported, for me it's a no-brainer: Easedale is trying to use the threat of legal action which he can afford to stifle dissent among us proles, who can't afford to fight it.

It's a disgraceful weakness of this country's legal system that the rich can buy 'justice' while we are always screwed.

The RFF would not only be fighting for one guy, it would be fighting for us all and for our right to raise our voices in protest - and since it seems that the only thing between the complete takeover of the club by youknowwhos and youknowwhats is fan pressure (laxey loan anyone?) then if they can silence the fans then they can damage the club.

As we have proved over the past two years WE ARE the club so any money used to defend a decent fan is money used in the correct way and in the right spirit, imho.

I'm not that keen on joining this rammy, but there's perhaps a middle way.

Why not fund initial legal advice and any initial legal discussions on the issue?

It's not certain that Easdale's legal team are correct and Easdale may very well back down in the face of robust legal opinion.

Regarding the libel, I think the comments were out of order and have no constructive value whatsoever in the debate. However, I don't like the precedent of Easdale trying to gag fans. There were lots of other targets out there for Easdale including opposition fans.

Let's not forget that Craig didn't actually make the alleged libelous comments. His only "crime" is keeping a poorly moderated Facebook page. Sounds funny when you write it out. A decent lawyer would surely make sure this would never see the light of a courtroom, and make Easdale look as pathetic as he is.

I would imagine that the Fund money would go to Craig's legal expenses and not to any damage award.

As to whether he should supported, for me it's a no-brainer: Easedale is trying to use the threat of legal action which he can afford to stifle dissent among us proles, who can't afford to fight it.

It's a disgraceful weakness of this country's legal system that the rich can buy 'justice' while we are always screwed.

The RFF would not only be fighting for one guy, it would be fighting for us all and for our right to raise our voices in protest - and since it seems that the only thing between the complete takeover of the club by youknowwhos and youknowwhats is fan pressure (laxey loan anyone?) then if they can silence the fans then they can damage the club.

As we have proved over the past two years WE ARE the club so any money used to defend a decent fan is money used in the correct way and in the right spirit, imho.

So any fan who doesn't feel this would be fighting for them can just go away and shut up then?