Ok here's my view and I await incoming.

I enjoyed reading most of his posts, did not agree with them all but were interesting at least. He is a member of VB who are the most disruptive element in our support IMO. They attack other Rangers fans just because their wife happens to be a RC, attack the Founders Trail guys. Did D'art ever apologise for this behaviours by his group? Kettle & pot.

I think you're wrong to bring VB into this just because D'Art is a member and they've published some of his articles. He's a member of (in alphabetical order) DTB, FF, Gersnet, RM, VB and no doubt other sites too. Gersnet has published numerous articles from D'Art, as have all of the other forums over the years if I'm not mistaken, so it's completely wrong to just attach him to VB and insinuate that he should ever apologise for things other VB members have done.

I have deliberately not come on to the forum until late tonight, because I had anticipated a lot of over the top vitriol from posters about today's performance and the inevitable Ally must go shouts. I'm used to it now and although I don't like it, I just let the vicious tit for tat pass on by most of the time.

I assume this unwanted divisiveness comes from either a deep passion for the club or out and out ignorance.

Either way it is destructive and in that I can agree with D'Art.

He is right when he says that this 'consistent inconsistency' is debilitating. It must stop before posters of such high grade desert us forever.

Take a rest D'Art, then reconsider, please.

I think that D'Art's well reasoned and articluate contributions will be sorely missed on this forum and like others I do hope he reconsiders in course of time.

Sometimes it is good to take a rest and come back refreshed, as I know only too well.

Its an emotional time. Everyone knew this period wasn't going to be a short one. It was a 3-4 year journey - at least.

Football is a funny game and it goes in cycles. For 2 decades Liverpool dominated the English game with strong sides like Everton and Arsenal being up there. For the next 2 decades Man Utd dominated with Arsenal and Chelsea being their strongest challenges. Now Liverpool are coming back with strong Man City and Chelsea sides. - Cycles.

Rangers and Celtic have been in the same situation. There was mixed glory in the 70s then strong Aberdeen and Dundee Utd sides broke the dominance during a very weak Rangers period while Celtic were still winning trophies. Rangers fans said the early to mid 80s was the lowest point they have seen - just 10 years after winning a European trophy.

But fast forward 2 seasons and we became strong again in the late 80s and went on a period of non stop success while Celtic almost had their doors closed. Celtic were saved and during their rehabilitation had to suffer such cup final defeats ironically against Raith. They eventually got back on their bike and after 5 years there was an even match up for a good few years between both sides.

Now our situation is mirroring Celtics early 90s spell however its been much worse with the politics and the hand we've been dealt. Celtic didn't get pushed down the leagues and weren't kicked while down by all corners of the game.

The realisation is we are climbing the ladder again and we will return to the top, it isn't going to happen over night or 365 nights. Although is feels more like a game of snakes and ladders as there is many obstacles on and off the pitch to negotiate, therefore there is a few steps backward during the climb.

Yesterday was a slip but in the long term its not one that will set the club back to where we want to be. In a few years time its one that we can probably smile about as if you look at the main picture we are on course in our number one priority of climbing the leagues. We do have the situation of a problematic team to be addressed and plenty has been said about that.

The post is turning into an essay but the point of it to D'Art is to realise these things are expected and not to take them to heart. The journey for Rangers was never going to be rosy in the garden.

Edited by Gribz

I can certainly sympathise with D'Art as I've stopped posting on RM because of the counter-productive style of some members, strangely tolerated by their moderation team. Meanwhile on FF, it's owner appears to control debate in a similarly negative way so I don't post there either.

However, there are other forums where the debate is usually of a higher quality and without the kind of abuse, insult and falsehoods we see elsewhere. D'Art is a member of at least one such site so I don't see why he'd cut off his nose to spite his face on this issue.

C'mon D'Art, "Never fear quarrels, but seek hazardous adventures."

I don't see how bowing out improves anything, but fair enough. Au revoir, bonne chance et rester ainsi.

I think you're wrong to bring VB into this just because D'Art is a member and they've published some of his articles. He's a member of (in alphabetical order) DTB, FF, Gersnet, RM, VB and no doubt other sites too. Gersnet has published numerous articles from D'Art, as have all of the other forums over the years if I'm not mistaken, so it's completely wrong to just attach him to VB and insinuate that he should ever apologise for things other VB members have done.

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. In the first paragraph of his post d'art is complaining about the profanity and insults that are thrown around between fans, his organisation is the worst we have for that sort of behaviour IMO. You mention the forums he posts on, there is a difference between these forums and membership of VB which is secretive.

As I said his articles were interesting.