Not only can we not improve the basics but our whole attitude with these young guys is so wrong. They should all be modelling themselves on the likes of Christiano Ronald and Lionel Messi. No drinking, correct conditioning, working not only on technique and cardio but also strength straining to reach optimal ability. Instead we seems to just give players a free reign, they regularly drink and this doesn't seem to be an issue. I'd love a complete overhaul of the club with a foreign manager brought in who could ban alcohol and rebrand the philosophy of the club. The whole of the UK are bad for this to be fair and it's illustrated by the fact none of the home nations ever achieve anything internationally.

When was the last time Scotland produced a world class player? Could the likes of John Fleck have achieved greatness if he was brought up in a different culture? Even Wales have had Bale and Giggs in recent years. Smaller countries than Scotland seem to produce the odd top player that stands out in one of the big leagues, why do we never manage this? How does a tiny country like Uruguay produce the likes of Suarez and Forlan? Have we had players of that ability in the past 25 years? Even Montenegro seem to produce a few top players and they aren't much bigger than Edinburgh.

Some valid points here, but this is the club that thinks that drinking together means winning together.

Forget the karaoke. What about the drinking that was going on six days before today's game? Would an athlete get drunk six days before the Olympics? Would Andy Murray get drunk six days before Wimbledon?

The whole sporting and football ethos at Rangers is wrong because we let ex-pros run the show and they replicate the bad habits that were widespread and normal in their day.

Rangers Football Club needs a Christmas Tree dragged backwards through it until there is nothing left but David Cooper Templeton!

We need to be fully professionalised but I see no indication that it will happen any time soon.

Guest Barry's

Rangers run like a joke just now. Dave King going to invest 30 million? To win the championship?????? What will McCoist waste it on?? Another Moshni

Some valid points here, but this is the club that thinks that drinking together means winning together.

Forget the karaoke. What about the drinking that was going on six days before today's game? Would an athlete get drunk six days before the Olympics? Would Andy Murray get drunk six days before Wimbledon?

The whole sporting and football ethos at Rangers is wrong because we let ex-pros run the show and they replicate the bad habits that were widespread and normal in their day.

Rangers Football Club needs a Christmas Tree dragged backwards through it until there is nothing left but David Cooper Templeton!

We need to be fully professionalised but I see no indication that it will happen any time soon.

I doubt the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Murray drink at all. If they do it would be in moderation and all controlled. They are proper athletes, geniuses in their craft. I cannot think of any Scottish footballer fit to be mentioned in the same breath as athletes like them. Notice no Scottish player ever seems to stand out in the Premiership?

My old man regularly tells me tales of when a plethora of top Scottish players dominated the English game.

Not sure where you got those figures Barry's, but I suspect they are wildly exaggerated. They add up to circa £1.6m for just 3 players out of a large squad. Remember the total player wage bill has been widely reported at being £7m p.a.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mountain Bear

Any half decent football manager with respect for himself and the fans would have cancelled the party never mind singing karaoke.

Any half decent football manager with respect for himself and the fans would have cancelled the party never mind singing karaoke.

To be honest, it's the general concept that irritates me more than anything. Our footballers shouldn't be drinking at all bar very small amounts. Alcohol is a highly neurotoxic substance that is full of carbs and calories. Most athletes realised this about 30 years ago.

There's plenty time to get pished once the football is over. Scottish footballers should be asking themselves why they haven't reached a tournament in almost 20 years.

If I was a professional footballer I wouldn't drink a drop. I would be far more interested in achieving glory and putting my name in history.

Sorry GS it's not obvious to me.

It's been stated upon revision, at least by Chris Graham on STV, that the money will not be drip fed; it will be paid up front. How does that become a loan?

My guess is they take in a million or whatever and offer it as a loan to the club in return for 2000 season books or whatever and security on ibrox. The loan to be considered repaid when the season finishes.

My guess is they take in a million or whatever and offer it as a loan to the club in return for 2000 season books or whatever and security on ibrox. The loan to be considered repaid when the season finishes.

And the directors will tell them to piss off and don't be so bloody stupid.

Security over assets with book value circa £50 million for a million pound loan even if it was a loan which it isn't, not a chance.

The directors will say, no pay no ST's, end of story.

Doubt they'll get more than a few hundred zealots to pay in anyway.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Darther and Brahim perhaps, but I've set to read an intelligent debate from then with regard to supporting the board.

It is self evident from the superb way that dB uses English, which is of course a second language, that the man is intelligent.

There is zero point reducing your disagreements with him to 'he's stupid' because it will persuade no-one and, unfortunately, leave the person making the accusation looking like the daft one.

Aside from which, internet warrioring is a waste of energy. Easy for me to say at 43, and you're plainly in your 20's or late teens, but then again I am a condescending arrogant twat.

Can I just say that I am not 100% "comfortable" the board.....Likewise I am not 100% "comfortable" with Dave King. I am trying to view things from a balanced viewpoint. Recently this has appeared to be a pro-board stance since I am questioning or being doubtful about DK.

Agreed and understood, Darther - but from my point of view the present incumbents are doing such a poor job, from financial management, through PR to, sadly, tolerating a quite dreadful coaching setup, that the first order of business must be to replace them with someone else. We'd all have our own ideas on who best to replace them, under what model and on what timescale, but unless we are in a position to come up with the shekels all we can really do is shout on the internet, hold up protest cards - or use the one direct action available, make the ST monies contingent on improvement (in one or more of these areas).

King would have to come with an airport's worth of baggage for me to view him as equally uncertain a candidate at the Blakey Bros. & chums, and while he's certainly not 'hand-luggage' only the potential £££ he brings, allied to the potential changing of the guard all round, outweighs the negs for me.

No doubt Hildy will be on with his Calvinist fire & brimestone to denounce me for a sheep like lackey but in the real world it's the best available option at this moment. While we cannot know what the future holds, we can be certain it holds failure and pretty sure it contains collapse at some point under the present lot - there's only one person in a position to change things right now and that's King.