I don't see any underrating tbh just people shouting about how he is this and that which he isn't.

The underrated part is only at international level where I think he should have been getting more games for Scotland.

I agree Wallace is overrated in our support but I'd still say him and MacLeod are the only two players we have good enough to compete with Celtic.

Smith is a middle of the road SPL level player IMO, while Wallace is a good one. In fact did Smith not struggle to be a regular for Aberdeen?

MacLeod is completely untried at that level mate, we don't know how he would cope in that environment. Wallace on the other hand has been tried and tested there and passed that test.

I don't fancy going up against Celtic with anyone in our current squad with the exception of maybe Wallace.

I like Smith, i am not saying he is a better player than Wallace just that he done ok today and has scored two goals from set pieces recently, something we have all been wanting to see for years and years. He has a lovely left peg and fantastic technique which Wallace doesn't have. He done well for Aberdeen but wanted too much money to sign permanently.

Not one. We have two of the desired quality and both were out today. Mcleod and Wallace.

I would definitely add Templeton to that list. I know he can be greedy and has been injured a lot, but he has the quality.

There's probably half a dozen of the rest who could provide decent cover.

However, we have real issues right down the spine of the team.

Successful Rangers teams over the past 30 years have been build upon really top class keepers. Bell is not in that league.

Central defence is my biggest worry, as neither Jig (who has been a great servant to the club on and off the pitch) nor Moshni are remotely good enough for the top flight. One lacks any pace and the other lacks any positioning. Perry and Hegarty are never going to be good enough either, so that's FOUR we need to shift.

We lack a creative player in the centre of midfield who is going to get a game on a regular basis. Law is one of my half dozen back up players.

As for centre forward, playing Daly forces us into a long ball game, because he's so immobile. Clark and Gallagher have potential, but we are short of options for the Championship, far less the top flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for centre forward, playing Daly forces us into a long ball game, because he's so immobile. Clark and Gallagher have potential, but we are short of options for the Championship, far less the top flight.

McCoist clearly instructs the players to play that way. We played some decent stuff in spells of the first half and created quite a few chances. The ball was largely kept on the deck. As soon as the second half started it became clear that Ally had told them to start just launching it into the box. We barely created a single chance in the second half.

We are a totally different team when we play football, it was the same under Walter, we could play football but the players were next to never allowed.

The first half today again dispelled the strange excuse some pedal that these players are not capable of playing anything other than route 1.

Lee Wallace is highly regarded by the support, but considering that he could be picked up for petty cash by rich English clubs, one has to wonder why there's little or no interest in acquiring him.

Maybe this is where we are at - even top Rangers players are off the radar for leading English clubs these days.