I have a feeling that Moyes might actually be relieved, he must know he's out of his depth.

If he gets sacked now with a couple of year's money in his hip pocket how bad is that? He can say that he didn't get a chance to put his own plan/players in place, old guard players ran the dressing room etc.

If he were to get another season and fail again with really expensive signings his career is shot.

Was AF not nearly sacked in the beginning. Personally I think a manager needs a couple of seasons to get things right. A good manager that is. Some will never get it right.

There is a huge difference between Fergusons first few years and why he wasn't sacked compared to Moyes. Utd in the 80s hadn't won the league for 26 years and had a drinking culture around the club with no future. What Ferguson set out to do was always doing to take 5 years and once he got that first FA cup and Cup Winners cup they just took off from there. Moyes took over a team that still won the league regardless if its Man Utd worst squad in 20 years and should have done better. Top 4 should have been minimum.

Moyes will only get 1 years pay off for not securing European football.

I think they way he lost the dressing room is whats doing it and I cant see a way back.

I wonder if Mourinho will fancy it, rumours he isn't getting on with Abramovic again. At least he is proven. Other than that it will be one from:

Klopp

Guardiola

Van Gaal

De Boer