It shows how far we have went backwards when Im actually thinking Boyd would be an improvement. Although its more that he seems to have matured in the last year - possibly from his Portland experience.

But Ive no confidence in McCoist which is a shame. Players seem to go backwards under him. Daly and Clark are examples this season.

I think Cribari is staying on as a coach from next season.

Looks like Little may be going to Sheffield while Clark will learn a lot from Miller and, dare I say it, Boyd if he comes too.

Read that before and there's no doubt we need more coaches and bus drivers now you mention it.

Still a Brazilian coach at Ibrox, maybe he'll double as a scout and find us the next Diego Costa.

I think Cribari is staying on as a coach from next season.

Looks like Little may be going to Sheffield while Clark will learn a lot from Miller and, dare I say it, Boyd if he comes too.

Re.Cribari: Is this in place of a current coach who will be leaving ?

It would also raise the question of the (lack of) influence of any prospective DoF (or equivalent) going forward.

As for Miller, it's all so predictable.

He's been a good player and would be above average in the Championship if he stays clear of injury but we have to break the mould and start believeing in the younger players, especially when in the lower leagues. The club hasn't got the money to maintain the old approach, as it now has to allocate serious money to go places other than football, whether that be directly or indirectly..

Edited by buster.

We've seen it time and again, this season with Templeton and Little (plus Hegarty, Perry & Hutton, though in a different department), that people can drop out for extended spells. Aside from Daly and Clark, we have just Gallagher as an out and out striker. Shiels, much like Little and Templeton are IMHO good attacking players, but no-one you will get 20odd goals from in the higher strata of football. Perhaps we should look at younger players, yet, those would come at a cost, both fee- and probably wage-wise (not all people are willing to drop a division or more to play for our mighty club). We obviously don't know how much a Miller or Boyd would demand, yet both know exactly what state we are in and will most likely be easy to deal with. (If the above reports are true, this has already been done with Miller.)

Clark ... I watched him more closely these last few months and he's a real terrier like chap, much like a younger Miller. He's also willing to go out on the wings, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's deployed out there more often, perhaps taking up a left-inside/wing spot, with Aird on the right and Templeton in a more free-roving role.

NB: Age and all. IMHO, Miller is as fit as Caniggia was when we signed him, aged 34. He's not the answer for any CL or European adventure, but that's a few years away still.

Re.Cribari: Is this in place of a current coah who will be leaving ?

It would also raise the question of the (lack of) influence of any prospective DoF (or equivalent) going forward.

As for Miller, it's all so predictable.

He's been a good player and would be above average in the Championship if he stays clear of injury but we have to break the mould and start believeing in the younger players, especially when in the lower leagues. The club hasn't got the money to maintain the old approach, as it now has to allocate serious money to go places other than football, whether that be directly or indirectly..

I think Cribari is going to be involved with the youth setup. A strange one but I assume there must be a solid reason for the decision.

Miller says it has not been discussed.

Audio conference call: http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2014/05/miller-moves-on

No offer on the table from Vancouver either, so he agreed a termination now, so he can get a holiday and a new deal in July. "The right time to move on........."

Judging by the comments posted the local fans rate his efforts highly.

"Realistically" wants to play another 3 years.

I think Cribari is going to be involved with the youth setup. A strange one but I assume there must be a solid reason for the decision.

If the board are serious regarding a director of football appointment (the act itself & his influence being brought to bear) then surely you carry out a selection process and get him in prior to organising the following season.

The club is all over the place, mixed messages abound, the share price drops and executive control from upstairs is found wanting once again. 'Wanting' to fill their pockets whilst the club steadily falls apart.