Overall I still think the weak link in the squad is defence as it doesn't seem to have a settled look to it yet. McCulloch surely cant be first choice this season, he could get ripped apart against full timers. Id like to see Gasparato (sp) get a chance.

Going forward from midfield we have good options and a bit of depth with Templeton, Shiels (if he gets himself fit), Macleod, McKay and Aird. And hopefully Law improves this season along with Peralta.

Overall I still think the weak link in the squad is defence as it doesn't seem to have a settled look to it yet. McCulloch surely cant be first choice this season, he could get ripped apart against full timers. Id like to see Gasparato (sp) get a chance.

A back line of Foster, Jig, Mohsni & Wallace is the worst Rangers back line we've had in a long time, but we are where we are as a club and there's no quick fix. We'll still have a better back line than most of the other clubs in our league next season, but it is our weak link as you say.

What riles me personally though, is that if we hadn't wasted millions and millions of pounds paying ridiculously high wages to mediocre players over the past 2 seasons in the lower leagues, we might actually be in a position to buy a couple of really classy players who could significantly strengthen our team and possibly make us serious money in sell on fees in 2 or 3 seasons.

I know the problems go back further, but the lack of foresight and forward planning at the Club since Green & co took over from the administrators is totally staggering.