Jig 12

Temps 8

Black 8

Bell 8

Wallace 12

Miller 3 apparently

Boyd similar.

McGregor 2 apparently.

Some difference in how Green and Mather done things compared to Wallace. I do however find it hard to believe that stuff about Clark, surely to Christ not mate though it wouldn't surprise me.

Boyd & Miller should be spewing at getting less than half what those guys are on.

None of those guys are worth what they are on, not even Wallace (though he has the capability to be worth that amount). This wont be popular but I think that Jig is one where I am not too concerned about his salary because he offers more than just service on the field of play, I think he is a leader off the field too (not in the Gough or Weir mould but still a leader) - but those amounts are incredible. No wonder we are up shit creek financially when someone like Jon Daly can command 12k a week from Rangers.

Kyle Mcausland, I thought he looked decent at RB as well, but I believe he is a CB.

I have heard from someone at Rangers who has watched McAusland that he is a bit of a bombscare at CB. Did OK at RB though. I would have liked for us to have stuck with Andy Mitchell at RB given he is only 21 and had played well at the back end of the season before last.

We will get to see him this season again though as he has signed with Falkirk.

1 game in 1

Are you being serious ? So we only use the last game as a trend ? Perfect, I am sure I can find a game where Ostenstad, Sebo or a plethora of others played well enough - lets look them up shall we.

You are scraping with this one GS - a very poor justification.

You asked a question and I answered. Hutton is a cracking full back and easily the level we require.

Not a well reasoned answer then. You know as well as I do that you shouldn't be taking one game as a trend for quality.

As for your second sentence.... that is debatable. Yes, I am surprised I am saying that too. He had a wonderful 6 months period with us but in all honesty, what he has done since suggests we raped and pillaged Spurs for 9 million. He has had some absolutely horrendous games since leaving us. In fact, IIRC one of the Spurs fans forums voted him their worst full back in decadea (or could have been EVER... cant quite recall) which is saying something as they have had some poor full backs.

Now, I will give you the benefit of the doubt here.... I will split that 2nd sentence in two. "Cracking full back" - nope, I don't believe he is. In his career he has only really showed up for internationals and for a 6 month to 1yr period when with us the first time. Poor at Spurs and poor at a poor Villa side.

Now, the level we require ? Yes. I would agree. Because we also have to remember our competition. Hutton would, in all probability, quickly become the best full back in the country.

My BIGGEST problem with signing Hutton is not his quality though.... it is his wage packet. You say we should be giving him 15k a week. I say that is too much, far too much, for the Championship. I would give him half that with the incentive to see his salary hit double digits when we return to the SPL and, hopefully, the revenue increases considerably. If he really wanted to be back at Rangers then he should be taking the Miller & Boyd approach and taking even less in an effort to help us back where we belong.

Question though... Is this a rumour that Hutton is interested and/or we are interested in him - or is this just you saying he is someone we should look to try to bring back ?